Nostromo Profiles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo Profiles?

I know this may in the wrong area, but I was just wondering if anyone may have a decent PROFILE for Nostromo N52? I have tried setting mine up, but just cant seem to get a good feeling for it! Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Nostromo Profiles?

You can try mine. I have it set for infantry and when in red mode, ground vehicles. I use a gamepad for flying.
    Attached Files
    Telorn

Comment

Thank you Telorn, I havent been able to use it yet..But I will. I have scoured the internet looking for more profiles, but to no avail...seems there is nothing out there! If I ever get mine setup the way I truly like it I will post it!

Comment

BTW Telorn,what gamepad do you use? I am using this gamepad http://www.ambientweather.com/dbgge908.html and for some reason it will not recognize anything. I can go to the control panel and everything works fine..When I go to options in game..it does not work! Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by PASSUBY
          BTW Telorn,what gamepad do you use? I am using this gamepad http://www.ambientweather.com/dbgge908.html and for some reason it will not recognize anything. I can go to the control panel and everything works fine..When I go to options in game..it does not work! Any suggestions?
          I tried using the Logitec Rumblepad 2, but I don't like how a gamepad works in BF2 and I'm returning it. I'm still contemplating to get a joystick or not.
          Telorn

Comment

Got tiered of trying to make it work!!LOL I did go and buy this http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/st290.htm , because it was inexpensive and Im satisfied so far.

Comment

I have a profile for both BF2 and the recorder,..send me an e-mail and I will shoot them to you.

[email protected]

Comment

I'll throw my two cents in on this one.

I have a n52 and tried to assign all the keys in the game to it but it never felt right. What I ended up doing, and I like it alot, is to set up the n52 to do all the movement, weapons switching/re-loading and voice stuff. I still use the keyboard for all map/score/spawn stuff.

I also have a multi button mouse (has five extra buttons) for a few things like cammera positions and to pick up another kit.

I found that I really like the cognitive simplicity of putting what I call the "thinking" keys on the keyboard and the action keys on the n52.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Telorn - that zip file seems to be corrupted. Could you post an updated version? Did you also change the mappings in BF2? If yes then please post your BF2 controls too.

Does anyone else have profiles?

Thanks!

Comment

Nostromo N52 Profile for Battlefield 2 BF2

I've used the N52 since it came out -- have profiles for all my games... The link below should get you my BF2 profile. Things have changed as my hand got used to N52 during Battlefield Vietnam - I found certain positions held for long times (crouch in particular) and so I mapped it to a position that is comfy to hold and easy on the tendonitus. The profile deviates from intuitive only when comfort deemed it.

Download BF2 Nostromo N52 profile here as zip:
                    http://www.utc-usa.com/d/bf2_n52.zip

Notes:
                    8way dir pad is my jump/prone/crouch/mic -- diags of pad = f1-f4
                    N52 scroll wheel = dwn=eject up=parachute
                    WASD in normal 3,7,8,9 position
                    1=knife 2=pistol 4=main 5=secondWeapon (no keys for wpn pos 5+, use mouse scroll, my only complaint with this profile is this issue)
                    ENTER VEH=6 RELOAD=10
                    11 = MAP
                    12 = Commander chat for SLs / SL chat for Commanders
                    13,14 = COMMO menus
                    orange btn = PICK UP KIT (G) or SMOKE in APC/TANK or FLARES in air (U have to change BF2 default VEH/SMOKE and AIR/FLARES to G)
                    Lower thumb btn = ENTER menu
                    --> Ur left thumb reaches the Caps Lock key, so I didn't map it onto the N52.

Its built to accept ALL BF2 default keys except the POP SMOKE in tank/APC and FLARES in air switched to G. Also, make sure to increase sensitivity on keys/mouse as needed... During flight, I take my hand off the mouse and use the arrow keys, using the N52 D-Pad JUMP position for firing, and my right pinky on the numpad 0 for alt fire. I never liked the color thing as I died too many times being in the wrong mode. You may prefer different so feel free to modify.

I must admit it took a week to get used to it, but I find it insanely tight and fluid. I can pretzel into any position during combat and dive, roll, run and parachute off buildings with ease.

Is that Air your breathing Neo?
                    [hive]krusty-o

Comment

Slightly off topic, but if you want em, here they are - other profiles that I had on the HDD:

Battlefield VietNam:
                      http://www.utc-usa.com/d/bfv_n52.zip

Unreal Tournament 2004:
                      http://www.utc-usa.com/d/ut2004_n52.zip
                      [hive]krusty-o

Comment

I put my profiles in this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...130#post353130
                        sigpic

Comment