Game Crashes during Connection to Account Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Crashes during Connection to Account Server

Just sits there, with that stupid little spining 2.

I CTRL + ALT + DELETE, and the times that it works, it says that BF2 is not responding.

o.O?

Re: Game Crashes during Connection to Account Server

First off, let me be the first to welcome you to TG. be sure to read the battlefield 2 Rules, Announcments and SOP's.

As for youre question:

that happened to me every time with the demo when i tried to set up an account. i just got pissed at it and then played sp games with bots. i think its because the server is too bussy or youre firewall is blocking the connection. try reconfiguring youre firewall and go through the list of programs and unblock anything that has to do with BF2. if that doesnt work, then the server is too bussy and try setting up at some odd time of day when the least people are playing.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.

With regards to the firewall, I have that Windows Security Center Firewall, which I have disabled.

I have tried different times throughout yesterday and tried again this morning.

Comment

hmmmm.... try to look for an answer on the EA forums or in a worse case situation, reinstall the game. thats all i can think of cause im buying the game later today or tomorrow.

Comment

I am also having this exact same problem, i bought the game today, i have installed it, i click play BF2 online and it asks to log in, so i log in using the account i made when i played the demo version and it just crashs. but i cant do ctrl alt del. nothing happenends and i have to turn the pc off from the from. :@

Comment

you have to make another account. the demo account is just a pile of crap bits and bites. check the EA forums and the google it.

Comment

Ah, I never played the demo. This is an actual account and I'm a Lance Corporal. I was playing on my Father's computer, now I have mine and I cannot connect.

My computer is definately BF2 quality, and the video card I have is supported.

Comment

you might have to uninstall from youre fathers comp. are you using the cd when you start it?

Comment

I am using the same account I created when I played the demo and I have had no problems.

Everytime I start the game I login with the same account, but it does take some time to get connected, the main screen to come up, and then the list of servers to populate. Try letting it sit, say 5 minutes.

I have read that the game will try to auto connect you to a multi-player server and it is scanning servers for an open slot. This maybe the reason for the delay. If so, I don't know how to turn this off.

Check out this tweak guide which helped me out a lot. http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
                  I have turned off all the startup movies and menu movies. It has helped with my RAM usage.
                  There is a lot of tweaks in there. I have an older GForce 5700 and the game runs fine with most settings at med, except dynamic shadows and lights.

Hope this helps.
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

black: He has his copy of the game and I have mine.

I would let it sit but when I CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it says BF2 is not responding.

HypeH's problem is the exact same as mine. I tried making a new account but nothing changed.

Comment

Great guide. i thinking of upgrading my system so i can play it smoother.

Comment

I was having the Same issue with the apparent lockup in the retail version of the game.. but not the demo.. I looked at the launch shortcut and it added a few extra things.. I forgot what I eliminated but my shortcut looks like this: "Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1"
                        No sure what I got rid of... but I get right into the BROKEN server selection program (VERY VERY POOR!).. I also renamed my "MODS/BF2/Movie" folder to something else to avoid the intro movies..etc..

Good luck..and Frag on!
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Welcome as well peardog. please read the BF2 Rules, Announcments and SOP's. that option would also work by removing the intro movies.

Comment

Originally posted by HypeH^
                            I am also having this exact same problem, i bought the game today, i have installed it, i click play BF2 online and it asks to log in, so i log in using the account i made when i played the demo version and it just crashs. but i cant do ctrl alt del. nothing happenends and i have to turn the pc off from the from. :@
                            It does not crash - it just takes one minute to load.
                            - delanvital
                            Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Comment

I had an issue of my computer 'hanging' after I hit the login button. I read somewhere about an 'auto find server' feature as a shortcut command. I went to my shortcut and removed the menu -1 option. After doing this, I've always connected within a few seconds.
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X