Game loading issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game loading issue

First, I have renamed the movie files to another title, so the game loads faster without distrupting PB. However, I have the same problem with the movies loading, which is:

When I chose my profile, and BF2 connects to a server (I start in regular "Battlefield 2" mode, not net, when I start the game up) it takes 1 whole minute, and sometimes the game reports "this battlefield 2 server is full. Please try another one". But it is my account I am trying to load, not a game server? The same happens when trying to use the "Play BF2 online now!"-version shortcut...

Any ideas? If you have any suggestions to same manual parameters to that exe, that would be great...
    - delanvital
    Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Re: Game loading issue

Note: after that long wait it is 50/50 whether the profile has loaded or I get the response mentioned above...
    - delanvital

Comment

maybe it was a general gamespy issue on that specific evening? is that BF2 "feature" you experience an everyday occurence?

Comment

Yes, I have it every time. I think, if I recall correctly, that the game loaded fine with my old profile I imported from the demo. However, I made a new one in the retail version, and that one is very buggy... But I would really not like to change profile AGAIN... So, as you can see, I think the problem lies with the profile somehow, not sure if it is a server- or client side issue.
        - delanvital

Comment

EA has nothing on this...
          - delanvital

Comment

check under your MY DOCUMENTS/BF2 and try to find your profile and RENAME the folder it lays in.

login to BF2 and see if the Gamespy server will recreate the same profile on your PC again... just an idea and dont know if it will work.

Comment

I will try that tonight. Thanks for the idea. Will let you know, I can see there are many players with the same issue as me...
              - delanvital

Comment

I had this same issue. It appeared that BF2 would always try to connect to a game server (and sometimes it did) when I would log in. I went to the BF2 shortcut and found 2 extentions on the excutable. menu -1 and fullscreen -1. I removed menu -1 and have never had this issue since.
                Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X