Mouse sensitivity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse sensitivity?

Not really a technical problem, just a curiosity.

Yesterday I got a Razer Diamondback (almost got the MX1000, but I liked the feel of the Razer better). The driver software is set to the highest sensitivity by default. First game of BF2 that I played after replacing my older mouse, I wasn't used to the uber-high sensitivity, and my arse was promptly handed to me. Several times. :)

After that, I started messing with the mouse sensitivty, and I'm wondering: what, if any, is the difference between adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the Razer software and adjusting it in the BF2 options? Is there any reason to use one over the other, or do they pretty much accomplish the same thing?

Re: Mouse sensitivity?

I do not own the Razer mouse. I would suspect that changing the sensitivity in the razer software would change it for every Windows Application. Whereas just changing it in BF2 changes it only for BF2.

E.g.: If you wanted a slower mouse speed in every game/application change it in the Razer software. If you just want a slower BF2 mouse speed change it in the BF2 options.

Comment

That is correct to post #2. How is this advantageous in FPS games?

The advantage to the Razer mouse sensitivity is that you can change it on-the-fly, within the game. I set BF2 to medium/low sensitivity, and then adjust my mouse on-the-fly as needed.

For example, if I am infantry, I'll set my razer boomslang to 4. When I hop in a tank, I'll increase the sensitivity to 10. If I'm a gunner, I'll drop the sensitivity to 1. It is an extreme advantage to be able to change your mouse's sensitivity on-the-fly according to what you are using.

What gets me is when I hop out of a tank and forget to turn the sensitivity from 10 to 4. I spray bullets wildly in all directions and promptly get killed, thinking, "what the heck! Oh. Sensitivity!"
      Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
        For example, if I am infantry, I'll set my razer boomslang to 4. When I hop in a tank, I'll increase the sensitivity to 10. If I'm a gunner, I'll drop the sensitivity to 1. It is an extreme advantage to be able to change your mouse's sensitivity on-the-fly according to what you are using.
        Ah. I remember seeing something in the Razer software about on-the-fly sensitivity changes, but I haven't messed around with it yet. Sounds like a great feature, though. It'd be nice to swing the tank cannon all the way around without picking up the mouse 10 times. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X