Voip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip

How come I can connect to the TG BF Servers if I disable VOIP but if I enable it I get "connection problems" every time I load the server? Is this just me or are other people having similar issues.

THX
    All this equipment is for editing home videos Dear.....REALLY!

Re: Voip

I haven't had problems with my connection and VOIP. Does this happen on other servers with VOIP enabled?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Trimmer,

Does this only happen on TG servers? It almost sounds like a bandwidth issue on your end. Or it could just be some odd bug.
      Telorn

Comment

I can't say that it only happens on TG servers. I know that it happens on both of the TG servers and that I can connect on other servers with it enabled. However, there are other servers where the same issue occurs. It is not my computer specs and I doubt it is a bandwidth problem as I have fairly good (and more importantly consistent) bandwidth.

Could it have anything to do with my firewall settings?

Comment

Sounds like a firewall issue if you're running one. I would definitely open up the ports specified in the BF2 manual atleast and see if that helps the problem.

Comment

Will do.....I hate messing with that Router....fix one thing screw something else up. I have 11 computers and a wireless laptop running in my house all encrypted and mac addressed. It is running well for now....push one little button though and BOOM!!

=-)

Comment

Are you using a USB net connection? A work colleague of mine has to turn his VOIP off, and he thinks there is a conflict. When he gets a workaround running I'll post it up.

Comment

before messing with firewall settings, you could just temporarily disable your router's firewall and see if you can connect.
                Telorn

Comment

I used a DMZ for the machine that I game with (I think that basically opens that machine right up to the net doesn't it?) and it made no difference. I can connect to other servers (although not all of them) with VOIP enabled but if I try it with the TG servers I get connection problems as soon as the game loads up. I then get kicked back to the browser.

Comment

mabey it has something to do with the server security settings? no clue, i have. ?

Comment

OK last night I gave this a really good go and am more frustrated than ever.
                      I completely disabled security and although I can connect to a good many servers with VOIP enabled, I can't at the TG servers. I even lowered my resolution to 1024 X 768 with everything on low and disabled EAX and put sound on low as well. It just won't connect with VOIP enabled. From the short experience I had with other servers with VOIP enabled it certainly makes for a more interesting gaming experience.

The only thing that I can think of is that the sheer volume of players on TG may increase the bandwidth required for gameplay (I have to be able to hear them as well) as oppsed to some of the other servers I was on that may have had 40/64 players.

If I run an Internet speedtest I get a result of between 750KBPS and 1.5 MBPS. This is pretty average if not better than average for DSL out my way.

Help me OB1 Kinobee....you're my only hope!!!!

Comment

The question would be is what is your upload speed, not your down. Is it the same? I don't think it is a bandwidth issue, though. Those other servers with 40 people will require no more bandwidth for VoIp as a server with 64. This is because you only link with up to 5 other people over voice. Unless you are the squad leader, and then you can link with the CO. It isn't like VoIP is coming over your connection every second. It only occurs when someone in your squad talks. If it was a bandwidth issue, I think you'd find yourself able to connect without an issue, but when people started talking you'd receive 'connection issues' within the game as bandwidth was lost.
                        Telorn

Comment

OK. I had wondered about the upload speed but if that isn't an issue than I am stumped!!

Here is everything I can think of that may be able to help get to the bottom of this.

I have a brand new AMD 64 6800+ with 1 GB of Low Latency of Corsair memory.
                          I have a Leadtek 6800 GT
                          The Computer is not overclocked but the Video card is OC'd to Ultra specs. HEat is not an issue for either.
                          I have a WD special eddition 8MB cache, 120 GB hard drive.
                          SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card
                          ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard
                          The bios is updated to the lates firmware that is not beta
                          All the drivers are the latest
                          Running a clean install of XP Professional Corporate with SP2, and all updates (not the 64 bit version)
                          I have disabled the software firewall built into windows
                          NOTHING else is loaded on the PC. It is strictly for playing BF2
                          The OS is setup for best performance, system restore is off, All processes that aren't needed are shut down.
                          I have an SMC barricade router, I have setup the computer as a DMZ so there is a clear route in and out of the net.
                          The computer has a static IP
                          No other computers are running in the house so there is no other traffic

My screen is at 1024 X 768 32bit
                          I run the game at 1600 X 1200.
                          Video settings are moderate, no AA
                          Sound is set to hardware, EAX disabled, with quality at medium

The only other thing I jacked with is 3 controls. I changed chute from 9 to C, camera from c to V and something I don't use from V to }

Aside from that I downloaded and ran the stand alone version of punkbuster update and have applied patch 1.01 of BF2

I have a logitek analog mic that came with a prepurchase copy of BF2

I don't know what else to Try =-(

I could get a dual processor 4800 + 4 GIGs of RAM and two 7800 Ultras on a SLI board........but

MY WIFE WOULD DIVORCE ME!!

Comment

You could try to run with the audio setting at low and set to software. Although, I don't think it's any of your hardware.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I will give that a try. Heck if someone told me to stick my toe in a wall socket while bitting down hard on a garden hose while holding down the B button during game play .....I would give it a shot at this point!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X