Connection Problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems?

Did anyone else experience connection problems with server #1 this evening (5:30-6:30 EST)? I had two "there is a problem with your connection" freeze ups and I lost my connection with the server twice.

Re: Connection Problems?

Yeah it went down for a minute too..
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

I believe there was something wrong with the server not recognizing all 2 GB of memory... actually only finding 256MB.. and I think Apo has addressed this issue. Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem again.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Something is wrong with the server. As asch has relayed, the server is only seeing 256MB of memory. I have opened a ticket with the datacenter to check the memory and replace it if need be. When I logged on the server to see what the issue was, I got a virtual memory full error which really surprised me.

I'll post any updates as I get them.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

just tried playing around 10:30 est and I'm getting horrible ping times of 1500-2000 on ALL servers in the multiplayer lists...I installed the patch earlier, you think this has anything to do with it?

Comment

Doesnt the Virtual Memory put a lot of stress on the hardrives?
            Oyee

Comment

It may be an issue with the patch. I'm reading the complaint list over at forumplanet, and people start complaining about connectivity error messages/issues on page 8.

Thread: http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...id=1692841&p=8
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                Something is wrong with the server. As asch has relayed, the server is only seeing 256MB of memory. I have opened a ticket with the datacenter to check the memory and replace it if need be. When I logged on the server to see what the issue was, I got a virtual memory full error which really surprised me.

I'll post any updates as I get them.
                Don't skip past this without reading it.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

black viper, I'm originally from Alma, GA....small world.
                  sorry, off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Don't skip past this without reading it.
                    Nah, I read it. I'm just relaying info that I've found from other people complaining about the same issue. While I'd love to say that the server hardware melted almost all of the RAM, I'm smelling an issue brought on by the patch.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I was seeing the same behavior on the private server. Anyone else able to confirm?

Comment

Private server seemed to be running good tonight. At least around 10:00-12:00PM it was as good as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggie4
                          Did anyone else experience connection problems with server #1 this evening (5:30-6:30 EST)? I had two "there is a problem with your connection" freeze ups and I lost my connection with the server twice.
                          i experienced that on the 64 player tacticalgamer.com server. i switched to the 48(?) player server and everything was smooth for the most part. im glad im not the only one...

Comment

If you have connection problem warning come up, hit the scores button (Tab by default) quickly, and have a look at everyone's ping. I had this trouble last night, but my ping was 120, and lots of others were at less than 100. This means that it is not lag, it is a server problem.

At the time I thought it would just be because I was on the 64 player server, and that can be quite a hefty performance need. Having heard that the server RAM was only showing up as 256Mb this confirms my initial suspicions perfectly.

It may be the patch, but then I have had this occur on the 64 player server before the patch.

Comment

The issue has been resolved. The machine is now correctly addressing all 2GB of memory and the BF2 server is back on-line.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X