Screen turns black then goes back to windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen turns black then goes back to windows

Ok so i installed battlefield 2 and when i went to play it showed the battlefield sign, the screen turned black and then went back to windows. know im assuming it is because of my video card, but im not sure. I updated all my drivers and its still not working. What should i do to fix the problem?

Re: Screen turns black then goes back to windows

Originally posted by joejoe59
    Ok so i installed battlefield 2 and when i went to play it showed the battlefield sign, the screen turned black and then went back to windows. know im assuming it is because of my video card, but im not sure. I updated all my drivers and its still not working. What should i do to fix the problem?
    I wish I knew because I got the same exact thing with I tried installing the BF2 DEMO on my friends system. I just figured he didnt meet the min system requirements but if there is something that can be done, by all means, post that sheeeot!
    Warcriminal
    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

wats ur video card?

Comment

Update your video (like you did) and sound card drivers. This fixed my random crashing and ive noticed in other forums that its fixed others problems as well.
        Another possible solution to the random CTD (Crash to desktop) is disabling Hyperthreading if you have a HT enabled P4 processor. I have a HT P4 but the HT was not causing the crashes.
        Another possible solution is manually updating punkbuster. After installing BF2 i was getting crashes constantly and once i updated PB manually once the frequency decreased before i eliminated them by updating my drivers.
        And finally, one last thing that might cause problems is the type/composition of your ram. If you have cheap ram/unmatched ram sticks it has been known to cause a fair share of game crashes. That being said, i have two unmatched sticks of samsung pc3200 and havnt had any problems.
        So basically, you need to try all of that stuff, and if that doesnt fix it come back and we can try and figure it out :)

Comment

this is my display info from direct x:
          Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
          Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Controller

- I'm thinking these might be the problems, but ive updated them so, im not sure. Does this mean i have to go and buy a new video card?

Comment

Yea i HIGHLY doubt that a budget level intel integrated video chipset will have enough horsepower to even load the menu's in BF2/

Comment

ok i think ive figured it out....i downloaded the game on my other computer and everything is good except for the display memory is 64 instead of 128. How do i change the display memory, or even can i change it?

Comment

hey joejoe how did I found out what my display memory is?

Comment

go to - start > All Programs > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > Easy info

Comment

ok i think ive figured it out....i downloaded the game on my other computer and everything is good except for the display memory is 64 instead of 128. How do i change the display memory, or even can i change it?

Comment

Originally posted by joejoe59
                      Time to bust out the soldering iron soldier!

No, seriously, you need to upgrade the video card because BF2 calls 128 megs of video RAM and shader model 1.4 support.

Comment

Did you even read the required specs? Your computure's integrated graphics doesn't come within even HALF of the required specs. The game won't play until you buy a graphics card with shader 1.4 and 128 megs of ram.

If you want a suggestion the Gforce 6600 GT at ~160 is a half-decent card that will allow you to run the game on medium settings.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger2787
                          hey joejoe how did I found out what my display memory is?
                          Welcome to tg, gunslinger2787. please read the bf2 Rules, Announcments and SOP's in my sig.

BF2 is a very demanding game, requiring almost the highest end system hardware to play on high settings. the low system requirments would still be a streach for some computers. and thats saying you need those to load the menu or get on a server. you will need to step up from those if you want to play with minimal lag.

Comment

Thanx for the welcome Blackdeath. Ok......so I have had the same problem as joejoe. But the circumstances are a little different. Where as he simply doesnt meet the requirments, I do for sure. I have an ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb. Intel Prentium 4 2.53 gH.1022 MB of RaM. I have tried everything people have posted in other forums, I have downloaded at least 5 or 6 different drivers, previous versions and the newset ones. Omega and official ATI drivers. Nothing has worked. I just saw on a forum how to start the game minimized, when I did that a pop up came. It said:

BF2 Error------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version: 1.0.2446.12 Build date:2005-6-7 15:24
                            Module: Input
                            File: c:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\BF2Demo\Code\BF2\IO\I nput\MouseDevice.cpp
                            Line: 59

Text: InputDeviceBase error other error -2147467259

Current confile:
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someon please help me....I have no clue what that means, and Im dieing to play this game.

Comment

oh, you have to reconfigure your mouse. thats it. it has a problem with your mouse driver. try installing it again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X