BatlleField 2 won't work on my Mini Notebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BatlleField 2 won't work on my Mini Notebook

I own an aspire one D260 and I just bought an external disc drive made by LG, I installed Battlefield 2 onto it and tried to load to but it just showed black then shut. I also had another copy that I installed onto my pc and it worked fine. help please?

Re: BatlleField 2 won't work on my Mini Notebook

The specs on that model dont look adequate for PR. Specifically the video hardware. If it was an ion2 platform it may run it at low resolutions, but with the intel GMA garbage you might as well forget about running it on that machine. Sry man it would be totally sweet to be able to do that.

Comment

mini books aren't ment for games

Comment

Well, Skold, not to let MrShawn and Doro's comments go untouched upon, because their input was more blunt than anything else, I want to voice my thoughts.

I just want to say that in my honest opinion, most small "book" laptops are not going to perform to the level in which you would desire. Certainly, you can try to game on a laptop like that, but it will most likely have the settings on the lowest settings across the board, but I don't discourage you from trying. For 3 years I played Battlefield 2142 on an underpowered laptop with the settings on the lowest possible level.

I think the intel graphics is the problem, consider the performance and the software used to run the intel graphics, because somewhere in there is the problem.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It's not even a notebook. It's a netbook. It doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements for anything but the most casual of games.

Comment

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR BF2

Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
            1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
            512 MB of RAM or more
            8x or faster CD/DVD drive
            2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
            DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
            DirectX 9.0c compatible

VIDEO
            Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
            ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

and that is really the minimum of the minimum to even start the game.
            PR needs more to work well.

| | | |

Comment

I hope they gave you a free pen at least:

On Topic, like others have said, the mini notebook/netbooks are unfortunately primarily for Business/Business Travel purposes.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...