Graphics help please ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics help please ?

Really hope you guys can help me out here cause EA Support is useless, all they keep telling me to do is kill processes.

Situation is this.

Ive bought BF2 cause I loved BFV so much, found it absolutely fantastic, so good that I went out and bought a new motherboard / card / memory to totally upgrade my PC as I was only running it on a GFX5700LE

So Ive now got a PCI Express Radeon X800, which I thought would kick ass.

Well its not supported and all I get now is the battlefield 2 logo when I click on the icon and then a black screen, it then just jumps to my desktop.

So far I have dont the following:-

Formatted C and installed XP Pro and SP2 (twice)
    Reinstalled BF2 (4 times)
    Tried the latest video drivers from the Gigabyte website
    Tried the Latest video drivers from the Omegadrivers.net site
    updated the patch for BF2

Ive spent over £450.00 on this upgrade to find out that the game will not play with this card.

The card cost me £165.00 and it wont play it, yet I can go out and buy another card for about £50.00 and it will, only it wont play it good :(

I really cant believe that a company like EA Games would do something so stupid, well sorry thats a lie, yes I can.

I wish I'd downloaded the game and not bought it now. :(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Re: Graphics help please ?

welcome to tg, cam. please take some time to read the Bf2 Rules, Announcments and SOP's in my sig.

Comment

EA decided to script the end of GeForce 4's and nVidia cards so those arent supported for bf2. mabey the raedon x800 isnt supported, but i think thats the card i have.... im stumped.

Comment

did you install the demo? just wondering if the demo would have worked.

Comment

cheers mate, ill keep an eye on the rules :)

What happend was I had an old GFX5700LE and a different mother board and I couldnt put the graphics up to full so I thought Id go out an buy a PCI Express mother board and card so I could really ramp it up, since installing it ive not chance of getting it to play now :(

It says the X300 & X700 are supported and the X800 XL and X800 Premium but no mention of the X800.

Im trying to get EA games to give me some kind of answer thats not a standard cut and paste but for 2 weeks it appears I seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall :(

Ive asked the question "is the radeon X800 a supported card and if not will there be a patch out to rectify this"

The response was "please try to reinstall BF2 then open task manager and make sure you have no processes running blah blah blah "

Ive just spent 400.00 on my PC to get this game up and running and now I cant even play it :(

Comment

so you installed all of the software that came with the mobo? it should be working, i have that radeon card and mine workes. hmm. what is your new mobo type, and how much RAM do you have, i think it might be a ram problem, the game takes alot of it, i suggest at least 1 gig.

Comment

Your card is definitely supported. It's one of the latest from ATI. What is your desktop resolution? BF2 defaults to 800x600 so try changing it to that before starting. If it works, you can set the in-game resolution and switch your desktop resolution back to what it was.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Ive got a 3.2 Pentium 4 (Just bought)

A Gigabyte 9I5P Duo ( Pro ) Dual Bios thingy and gig lans ect

only got 512 PC3200 Samsung RAM but ill be getting another cause I want a GIG

Radeon X800 PCI Express card

All of the above ive just bought for this bloody game and it wont work :(

Its one of Radeons new cards but the PCI Express card that are supported only seem to go up to X700 the X800 AGP card is the premuim and XL and they are supported but the X800 isnt one of the ones it says is supported

Ive tried to set my DT resolution to 800 x 600 and that still has no effect.

I really cant believe this, after spending all this money :(

All Mobo drivers are installed and ive tried the disc drivers for card. updated to latest and now tried Omega ones and none work.

Im totally gutted

Comment

Trust me. It is supported. The X800 AGP version is pretty much the same as what you've got in terms of the technology it supports. It's the same GPU but running on different architectures.

Try removing the intro movies. Go to your <bf2 directory>\mods\bf2\Movies and move/rename all the files except menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Just a thought....

Can you play other games on your computer?? or is this just BF2

Designed by Lemonade

Comment

X800 series are supported and it should definitely play on your system. It is not a RAM issue seeing that I have 512 MB RAM (PC2100) and run the game smoothly on low settings. Here one of those annoying “cut & paste” type questions: have you updated your ATI drivers to the newest??

Comment

Originally posted by HavokIA
                        Just a thought....

yeah mate ive tried my drivers that came with the card and updated them and also tried some Omega Drivers but i wasnt really sure which ones were for the card

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                        Trust me. It is supported. The X800 AGP version is pretty much the same as what you've got in terms of the technology it supports. It's the same GPU but running on different architectures.

Try removing the intro movies. Go to your <bf2 directory>\mods\bf2\Movies and move/rename all the files except menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik.

thanks for this tried it and still no joy :(

Originally posted by rkhanen
                        X800 series are supported and it should definitely play on your system. It is not a RAM issue seeing that I have 512 MB RAM (PC2100) and run the game smoothly on low settings. Here one of those annoying “cut & paste” type questions: have you updated your ATI drivers to the newest??
                        Wehn you look at the spec for graphics cards it states X300 (PCI Express) X700 (PCI Express) but it doesnt say X800 and that why I think it mustnt support it :(

Any more ideas im more than happy to try and thank you all for your help aswell :)

Comment

Originally posted by HavokIA
                          Just a thought....

yes mate I got Joint Operations with the card Ive installed that and it plays no problem.

But I dont want to play that I want my BF2

I loved Vietnam and my X mrs snapped up the first CD of it so ive only got 2 CD's and cannot reinstall it, after formatting i lost the lot so now I cant even play either.

Im so gutted :(

Comment

Originally posted by cam
                            Wehn you look at the spec for graphics cards it states X300 (PCI Express) X700 (PCI Express) but it doesnt say X800 and that why I think it mustnt support it :(
                            I use an ATI X850XT. It is not in the EA list... so it is not supported. Yet it plays great.

Your card should not be the pb. I would look somewhere else. Which drivers do you use? Have you used Driver Cleaner Pro between driver installs? You can google it.

Hope this helps
                            ABPositive

Comment

no ive not tried a driver cleaner, would i need to uninstall the omega drivers and try this ?

Then which drivers should i reinstall ?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X