The server refused your connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server refused your connection

I unistalled BF 2 as said in official notice and installed without patch, but now I can't get past the account login menu. Every time I get this error: The server refused your connection. I tried to make a new account, but I get the same prob here too.
    I have mailed the helpdesk, but everybody knows how fast and how smart EA is....
    That's why I'm posting on these forums.
    I've also unistalled the game and reinstalled it, no difference there. Some people told me I should delete my profiles and reinstall, but I'd rather not if it's not neccesary....

Greetz, Dribbel

Re: The server refused your connection

Hey, I also have the same problem. I just sat down to play, and then it keeps telling me that it refuses the connection every time. I didn't do anything, so I can't figure out what it is. Any help?

Comment

Maybe a version mismatch? Server on 1.01 and you on 1.0, or vice/versa?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, i fixed it, but its nothing to do with servers. Becuz u cant get past the account login menu.
        I had to unistall BF2, delete ALL my BF 2 files that were left ( also profiles and all that ****) then reinstalled and it worked like a beauty again :D
        If this doesnt work for u, i dont know what it is

Comment

I can't believe that there is no other way around this than to delete everything. This makes no sense; I didn't change a single thing from when it was working to now. Does anyone else with 1.01 have connection problems to the main server? help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Bump.
            Seriouly, this is a joke. Why did this happen. Are there any other options than uninstalling and wiping?

Comment

yah you need to have the update patch installed to get onto the servers.
              1.01....our servers still us the patch.

hope that works
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Hmm... it seems everybody doesn't understand that it isn't a problem connecting to a game server but connecting to the account login server.

I can verify that I did have this problem once after patching. I don't know what caused it and I don't know what fixed it. It would just sit there waiting to login then receive a connection problem. It connected after the second try and even that took a long time. It hasn't happened again so I can't give much help.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Sounds to me that you may have a firewall blocking ports needed to log into the database... Check your firewall, make sure the ports necessary for the game aren't blocked. Are you running through a router? if so may i also suggest plugging direct into your connection taking your router outta the mix and trying then? If it works then u need to figure out your router and open up the game ports... I don't know much, but this is what i'd try...

Comment

Originally posted by Dribbel
                    I unistalled BF 2 as said in official notice and installed without patch, but now I can't get past the account login menu. Every time I get this error: The server refused your connection. I tried to make a new account, but I get the same prob here too.
                    I have mailed the helpdesk, but everybody knows how fast and how smart EA is....
                    I've also unistalled the game and reinstalled it, no difference there. Some people told me I should delete my profiles and reinstall, but I'd rather not if it's not neccesary....

Greetz, Dribbel
                    ya this happens to me whenever I remove the disk from the drive...dont ask me why but here is how i get around it.

It wants u to see the spashscreen to install a driver right? For me, it wanted to install an "updated" nVidia driver so I clicked the update driver button on the BF2 spashscreen, it downloads some stupid ass driver that my card doesnt need then cancels the install because it wasn't needed then I can connect to the server again.

This always happens when I take the BF2 CD out of the drive...otherwise I can connect just fine.
                    Warcriminal
                    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                      I can verify that I did have this problem once after patching. I don't know what caused it and I don't know what fixed it. It would just sit there waiting to login then receive a connection problem. It connected after the second try and even that took a long time.

I've had the same problem multiple times since the patch. I don't understand why sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't...maybe something wrong with their account login servers is my guess. I'm going to wait a while before I become desparate enough though to do an uninstall/reinstall/repatch.

Ghost

Comment

Originally posted by Dribbel

Greetz, Dribbel
                        I get the same problem and I will try the solution you mentioned earlier. I also get a connection problem when I just try to register the game. I was wondering if it is the same problem. I tried similar fixes like getting rid of the router... shutting down firewall software and even anti-virus settings, I uninstalled and reinstalled. I think my problem stems from the game spy arcade... as I don't seem to be able to store a profile that can be used to connect. BTW thanks for posting, I was thinking that I was the only one with the problem and thinking that it was my fault for trying to use a super laptop to play.

Comment

My God! the instructions of trying to install the NVidia driver (on top of my ati catalysts :P), and then clicking Play online now! button really worked.

Thanks warcriminal2 :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X