Server Admin questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Admin questions

I have the BF2CC on my server, but I would like some people to be able to admin from in game as needed.

In game, how do people sign in as admin, and what are key commands they can use? (kick, ban, restart map, change map.. I guess may be the key ones).

Now.. is it possible to add or take off a server password without having to restart it? (meaning, while in game)? Is it possible to change from a 16 person map to a 32 person map without restarting server also (ie - in game admin commands)?

Thanks

Re: Server Admin questions

Have them run the bf2cc client.. They log in with the rcon password.

You cannot change the server password without restarting the server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

thanks. is there a way to login as an admin ingame to do basic stuff?
      Last edited by Makk; 07-10-2005, 07:05 PM.

Comment

There's a script you can get so that admins can do things while in game. It could be a security problem though.

http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Scripts

- It's who you game with.

Comment

So most people, to server admin, actually alt-tab to another program (such as BF2CC)?

Can you 'restart map' on BF2CC?

Comment

Originally posted by Makk
            So most people, to server admin, actually alt-tab to another program (such as BF2CC)?

Can you 'restart map' on BF2CC?
            I actually run BF2CC on my laptop whlie I game on my desktop. Many people don't have this luxury so they Alt-Tab.

And you can change the current map and set the next map from within BF2CC.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

To clarify, what I wanted to do regarding 'restart map' was such that if say.. a scrimmage is going to happen, both teams join (and usually there is a 'game' in progress), and when everyone is squadded up I hit 'restart map' (or do something which does the same thing essentially) and we all start on a fresh (all tickets there) version of the map and all the time (if timed) still there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X