server connection problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server connection problems

I just built a new computer that should definately handle the pr mod much better than my old one along with a sennheiser headset which some people suggested I get since I did not have a headset. But there is a problem. I installed BF2 again and decided to try and play a few rounds online before I install the pr mod. But every time I try to connect to a server I get an error message from punkbuster that says service communication failure: PnKBstrA.exe. The map will load but I can not get past kit selection without being kicked out of the server with that message coming up. The game plays just fine in single player though but I do not think that really matters here. So what could be the problem and how can I fix it because I know that if it is doing it on vanilla that it will do it in pr.

Re: server connection problems

Sounds like you need to either manually update or reinstall PunkBuster as the PnkbstrA exe isn't starting correctly. Are you comfortable doing that?

Comment

Sure I am comfortable with that. But I do not know how to update it or reinstall it.

Comment

go to http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

Download and install pbsetup.exe

Follow the instructions. Very easy.

Comment

Also, do you have battlefield 2 installed through steam?

Comment

i installed and used the pbsetup program and tried to connect to a server again and got the same message again. Nah I have the 4 discs.

Comment

* Thread relocated to proper forum. *

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed