Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone with an ATI Radeon 9600 card & functioning game !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone with an ATI Radeon 9600 card & functioning game !

I have a favor to ask of anyone who is using an ATI radeon 9600 with BF2 and getting good results:

I am trying to figure out the root of my problems with this game (for some reason I have invisible weapons and vehicles) and I have a feeling its my video card.
    Can someone please get this ATI Utilities program and reply back with what their video card details are (or just get a screengrab - see my pic for what I mean - http://www.neepneep.com/temp/ati_details.jpg )

The ATI utilities program is over here http://support.ati.com
    (Look on the left hand column for Utilities->Various)
    Last edited by neepneep; 07-11-2005, 12:42 AM.

Re: Someone with an ATI Radeon 9600 card & functioning game !

i have a mobility 9600. Heres the ATi Util screenshot
    http://homepages.nyu.edu/~bss270/ati.jpg

Comment

I'm using a 9700, so maybe i can help a little.
      First, burn all ati drivers from your system...remove everything that remotely has "ati".
      When you reboot after removing them, hit cancel when/if pnp tries to install anything other than your basic svga drivers.

Do a complete upgrade/reinstall of the latest catalyst drivers, with the CC.
      Restart.
      Reinstall the latest Direct X files.
      Restart
      Do full defrag, reinstall BF2.
      Select "medium" or "low" settings...then tweak accordingly to onboard system memory.

I'm running an ati 9700 128 with a gig of Ram on my 2.9 ghz pc, and it runs flawlessly with everything turned up to "high" with the exception of Terrain and textures (both at medium).

Sorry if this has been suggested before, or if it sounds elementry, I have no idea as to your tech saviness.

*edit AH, Mobility drivers...those can be pesky for laptop gamers.

Comment

I have a 9600XT. I can run this when I get home this afternoon and post the results.

Comment

I appreciate the intention behind most of you guy's suggestions but alas I have tried everything and to no avail.

The thing I REEEEALLY wanted find out in this thread was if there is a difference in radeon 9600's (NOT XT's, Mobility's or any other models, just simply the "9600".)

If anyone else who has a regular 9600 can do the ATI Utility and tell me all the nitty-gritty details about their video card would be great - that way I could compare it to mine.

Comment

Well me thinks that you have been tweaking your settings... Maybe one should leave things alone. I have the 9550 256 and it works just fine... Its my POS sound card i've got the issue with...

Comment

do you have another computer you can try the game on ..if so try putting that 9600 in the machine and see if you get the same problem

Comment

Hrm... I have a 9600 something or another, not sure the flavor. I need to play tonight and run that utility for you. (rest of the computer: athlon2000+, 1G ram, 7200rpm 8mb cache HD. I'm mostly perfectly smooth, get a little hesitation when riding in certain turrets, and I have details turned down).

Comment

edit:

I decided to post my own new thread, but it is somewhat related to this one, visit it here:
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=57747
                  Last edited by ImJustMito; 08-04-2005, 10:15 PM.

Comment

@neepneep
                    I run BF2 on the cheapest 9600 I could get my hands on, it's a GeCube 9600. I actually didn't fiddle with the ATI utility settings at all and I'm running on 5.7 Catalyst drivers. No major issues so far, the occasional crash to desktop, but that's just BF2 being buggy. And yes, I have most settings set to low except for "Geometry" but hey, it works fine at 1024.

@ImJustMito
                    After reading countless rave reviews about these Omega drivers I decided to give them a try, but all I got was a whole lot of screen stuttering (ingame HUD elements flickering, things disappearing) so I uninstalled them and installed back 5.7 Catalyst drivers. I'm starting to think 50% of those rave reviews was just hype and/or jumping on the gfx-nerd bandwagon.

Comment

Stick with Cat5.6's the 5.7 (including omegas) are buggy as hell..

Comment

I've had to revert to the 5.1 Cats to get anything working...the 5.6's look great but I get VPU freezes and the recovery mode kicks in.

First post here, I see some great stuff to learn from you all, esp in the tactics department.
                        -Amnion
                        Newly returned to TG...cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...