Game Crash to Desktop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Crash to Desktop?

Does your game crash to desktop after playing for 30 or so minutes?

I had this issue last night. I'd seem to play fine for around 30 minutes and then all of a sudden I'd CtD. This never happened to be before and I was wondering why it all of a sudden did, and seemed to be around the same amount of time.

Well, after the third time I decided to check the LED read out of my CPU temp and it said 60 celcius. I'm thinking, whoa, it's never been that hot! And then I realized that I forgot to turn the nob that adjusts my CPU fan speed to 'high'. Once I turned my fan on high my CtDs ended and I had no more issue.

So what's my point? If CtDs occur for you and seem to be not too far apart in time, it may be because your CPU is over heating, as mine was. Try to lower your overclock settings, if your CPU is overclocked, or vent it better by opening the case or getting a better CPU fan.
    Telorn

Re: Game Crash to Desktop?

Check your ram. Run memtest+, and/or remove the no-cd crack. That fixed it up for me.

Comment

Did you even read my post? Heh. I don't have an issue with crashing to desktop. I was informing people it may be an over heating CPU, as was my case.
      Telorn

Comment

I just started having the crash to desktop in the last two days. It's happened once or twice each of the last two nights. Never happened before the patch. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I'm going to try turning up my CPU fan though and we'll see if that helps.

BTW I've also started having an issue with getting booted to the server list screen while the game is loading a new map. It also just started happening after the patch.

Ghost

Comment

Nope. Been CTD's since it came out. Mine seem to have been heat related as well.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Ive got the same problem with crashing to desktop, its not the ram, heat, or drivers, everyone is haveing problems with it, EA needs to fix it, its the game.

Memtest okay, Drivers all updated, CPU temp 40-45, GPU temp 50-55, Case temp 36-39. Any other things i can read about this would help, because Ben Frank found 2000 ways not to make a light bulb, ive read 100 threads on how not to fix this.

Aka ive still got the Crash To Desktop Bug for BF2.

Oh ya, CPU beeps at me if it gets to 50c, so its not going any higher.

Ultra Heatpipe
            GeForce 6800 (AGP8X)
            WesternDigital 80GB 7200RPM
            AMD64 3200+ Vinice Skt 939 2.2Ghz
            MGE Black-Viper ATX Case With LCD Temp Display
            Geil UltraFast Low Lat Dual Channel (2x512) PC3200 DDR400
            52x CD-ROM Drive;Dual-Layer DVD Burner[Ext];Black Floppy
            GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Ultra Skt 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra
            Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse