Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: Dedicated Server restarting at start of round!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Dedicated Server restarting at start of round!

I'm trying to run a dedicated server on the office LAN that runs a mixture of 16 & 32 player maps with a 64 player limit. I've discovered that I can't do it with the dedicated server launcher that comes in the dedicated server package. So I've modified the default server settings, to mirror the settings I want and edited the default map cycle to include the desired cycle of 16 & 32 player maps. It all seems to run fine until the round actually starts (we are playing 1 round per map) and then the server automatically loads the next map in the cycle!!

Has anyone experienced this before and know what the problem is? The TicketRatio is 100%, Timelimit is 20 and there is no score limit (0).

Cheers!

Re: HELP: Dedicated Server restarting at start of round!

Bump!

has no one else experienced this?

Comment

Yep! You need to enter the round timelimit in seconds, not minutes. Entering "30" for the timelimit doesn't give you a 30 minute round, it gives you a 30 second round.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Really? That would explain it, I'll give it a go.

Dr_Doom

Comment

Cool thats sorted it, thanks for the tip! It seems a bit inconsistant to have you specify the timelimit in the supplied server launcher in minutes but have to enter it in seconds when you don't use the launcher...

Comment

It is quite inconsistant. There are a few quirks when you launch the server with anything other than the BF2 launcher they provide with the dedicated server package. The timelimit for the rounds is one of the big ones.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Do you know of any good sites where these inconsistancies are documented? I think I've got my settings correct now but it would be nice to make sure.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X