Help starting up BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help starting up BF2

I installed BF2 completely, now I try to start the game up. It tells me to put in installation disc 1 to play, and I insert it.

Then the screens turns black, thinking the game is gonna go, and then it minimizes from the black screen... nothing is running... i reinstalled it once already.. I have no clue what is going on. Can someone help me please?

Re: Help starting up BF2

hey heast welcome to TG...list your specs and we can help you more.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Heast
      I installed BF2 completely, now I try to start the game up. It tells me to put in installation disc 1 to play, and I insert it.

Then the screens turns black, thinking the game is gonna go, and then it minimizes from the black screen... nothing is running... i reinstalled it once already.. I have no clue what is going on. Can someone help me please?
      Are you running a firewall? It tried to connect to the internet immediately when I first ran it. It did the same thing to me, it didn't minimize so that I could tell ZoneAlarm to let it access the net and it simply froze up like that. I ended up discovering this by moving my cursor around where the ZoneAlarm balloon usually pops up and just clicking randomly until I hit the invisible button that gives it access. Then, after the intro movies were done playing, I alt-tabbed out of BF2, opened the ZoneAlarm program access list and gave BF2 server access. That solved the problem for me...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
        hey heast welcome to TG...list your specs and we can help you more.
        Operating system: Microsoft windows XP home edition service pack 2

System memory: 1015.1

Processor Speed: 2992.8

DirectX version: 9.0c

Display Device: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Display memory: 128.0

Sound Device: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Sound Driver 5.12.01.5246

Comment

Hope that helps, heh.

Comment

Your videocard does not meet the minimum specs to play BF2.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

So this is the reason why BF2 is not working for me?

Also, would I be able to buy any Videocard that BF requires.. I have a dell.

when i bought ram from a store I wasnt able to put it in my compter.. so i had to specially order from dell website.... wondering if I am going to have a problem here with that .

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                Your videocard does not meet the minimum specs to play BF2.
                yeah man, very common, happened to me too, but the good news is youre gonna have a nice vid card now :p
                Warcriminal
                chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Heast you should be able to buy any video card.... But you need to find out what kind of motherboard you have, and what kind of a slot for a video card it uses, eg... AGP or PCI express... If you really don't have a clue, just bring you CPU with you ie.. The box that everything plugs into... That way you can let the guy thats gonna sell u ur video card make sure that it will be compatible with your system, and you may even be able to have him install it and set it up for you... Good Luck

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X