Psychedelic sandbags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychedelic sandbags

Man I love texture warping and corruption. Don't you?! EA is far out. :)

|FDB|octavius

Re: Psychedelic sandbags

Originally posted by octavius
    Man I love texture warping and corruption. Don't you?! EA is far out. :)

heh, heh, heh :)

Comment

what are ur computer specs...did u have the newest video card drivers?

Comment

I have an x800 pro with the Cat 5.5 drivers. The latest Catalyst (5.6?) gave me many problems and were not generally recommended.

Normally the first few minutes into the first game of the night sees random black textures - either terrain, my character's arm, the gun, psychedelic textures, whatever. At some point it will freeze for a few seconds, flicker black, then "reset" itself, as if applying new video settings in the control panel. All is well after that point. It must be some temporary reset or workaround until the chimpanzee at EA assigned to ATI compatibility figures it out.

The rest:

MSI K8T800 Neo
        AMD64 3000+
        1gig DDR400
        SB Audigy Gamer
        x800 Pro 256mb (unlocked 16 pipes, flashed, reflashed for more stable memory timing)
        |FDB|octavius

Comment

I get the texture warping too, except I see it on the sides of hills. If I walk straight at a hill, the hill will melt and move around. The first time I saw it, I thought someone put acid in my coffee.

I use an ATI 9800 Pro, and I have old drivers (5.1, I think) because they worked and I heard that 5.5 drivers were bad for BF2.

Should I be afraid of Catalyst 5.6 drivers? Or should I update?
          Let them eat war.
          XFire: billygnosis

Comment

try the new 5.7 cats:
            http://www.ati.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGnosis
              I get the texture warping too, except I see it on the sides of hills. If I walk straight at a hill, the hill will melt and move around. The first time I saw it, I thought someone put acid in my coffee.

I use an ATI 9800 Pro, and I have old drivers (5.1, I think) because they worked and I heard that 5.5 drivers were bad for BF2.

Should I be afraid of Catalyst 5.6 drivers? Or should I update?
              Do you have terrain on medium? I didn't have any warping of hills/terrain until i turned my setting from high to medium. After i realized this i put it back to high and I no longer get warpping of the country side. So I don't think that is a driver issue you have.
              Telorn

Comment

I've only come across the warping sandbags once. I have a BFG 6800 GT OC. After I re-entered the game it was gone. Never had any other issues. I use the NVidia drivers supplied by the game.
                Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                  Do you have terrain on medium? I didn't have any warping of hills/terrain until i turned my setting from high to medium. After i realized this i put it back to high and I no longer get warpping of the country side. So I don't think that is a driver issue you have.
                  I believe that I do have terrain set to medium, but I've had it that way pretty much since release, and I've only just started noticing it. I'll try high and low and see if the situation improves.

Thanks!
                  Let them eat war.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGnosis
                    I believe that I do have terrain set to medium, but I've had it that way pretty much since release, and I've only just started noticing it. I'll try high and low and see if the situation improves.

Thanks!
                    I played last night for the first time with terrain on high and it still did the country side appearing as you move towards it, though not as much. Maybe my texture was also on HIGH when I didn't have this problem.
                    Telorn

Comment

I'll try that too.

If that doesn't work, I might listen the BF:V soundtrack while I play. It's got that remix of White Rabbit...
                      Let them eat war.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...