How To Run Bf2 Without Cd!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Run Bf2 Without Cd!!!

NOTE!! I have not tried this myself but it sounds like it works.

"-Uninstall BF2

- DOWNLOAD DEAMON TOOLS - http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php

- Install BF2

- Get a mini image for BF2 and mount it on a virtual drive

-Run BF2 ONCE

-Install Latest patch

-Run BF2

I didnt uninstall bf2 at the start so thats why it did not work for me.

If you guys cant find a mini image find me somewhere and ill host the files. They are only 4kb and 4.4mb.

Hope it helps"

LINK TO ORIGINAL AUTHOR: http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthrea...219#post208219
    Warcriminal
    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Re: How To Run Bf2 Without Cd!!!

http://www.gamecopyworld.com has the mini-image hosted.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Is running it with the DVD all that bad?

AFAIR, the DVD spins down after booting the game....

Comment

That's pretty cool, but wouldn't it be illegal? It would be pretty easy to share your BF2 with other people if you didn't need the CD to play it. I'm a Flight Sim junkie, and there is a no-CD crack/patch for it, but I asked Microsoft and they told me it's illegal. I would email EA but I won't bother, because they won't answer.

Comment

I personally don't think it's that bad to run BF2 with the disc in the drive but sometimes people use their drives for other things and it's annoying to switch discs. I wouldn't want to switch the disc around when I want to play on my laptop. There really isn't a reason to have the disc in the drive. The CD key isn't tied to it and somebody that pirates the game couldn't play online anyway. EA should have been smart like NovaLogic. JO doesn't require the disc because they're smart enough to not waste money on copy protection when the protection all lies in the CD key.

Using a mini-image wouldn't be illegal because nothing was altered. It's just a partial backup of the game disc. A NOCD would be because it is an altered game file. Plus, you get caught by PunkBuster when using it because of the method it uses to detect cheats.

Comment

Without altering anything I know you only have to haev the CD in to start the game, you can take it out after that. I know cause I was ebil and had about 12 people at a LAN of mine running off just my copy. ;P

On the bright side (for EA =/ ) at least half of them were thrilled by the experience enough to go out and buy their own copies.
            Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
            [age-c1]
            [eng][air]

Comment

I burn dvd-s cd-s ect all the time. I work with large files and bring those home using a dvd-r or usually cd-rx so yes having to always swap in my BF2 dvd (and thus increase the likelyhood of it getting scratched is a pain.. thanks I do have deamon tools installed so I'll have to give this a try.

BTW: isn't the cd-key tied to your online account so that you can't share? Thats how most of these games work anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bradb007
                I burn dvd-s cd-s ect all the time. I work with large files and bring those home using a dvd-r or usually cd-rx so yes having to always swap in my BF2 dvd (and thus increase the likelyhood of it getting scratched is a pain.. thanks I do have deamon tools installed so I'll have to give this a try.

BTW: isn't the cd-key tied to your online account so that you can't share? Thats how most of these games work anyway.
                Neg, your CDkey isnt tied to your account, ive got serveral accounts and all of tehm work on the interweb.
                Oyee

Comment

I would imagine as long as you own a valid CD key, the image file is covered under the 'you can have a backup' clause.

I make a habit of storing all of my original media away from the curious hands of my 3 year old so I used Alcohol to create an image of the DVD and have it automatically mount the image on boot-up.

Not only does using an image protect your original media it also usually speeds things up a little because it's reading off the hard drive and doesn't have to spin up the DVD/CD drive.

Comment

How big is the image from the dvd? 2GB+?
                    (no fancy graphic)
                    Question Reality

Comment

Basically you give an identifier of your cd when you connect to the uberserver, so basically two of you could not play online at the same time
                      [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                      [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Budah...

Yeah, it's just under 2GB. Since it's an image it's pretty much exactly the same size as the actual data on the DVD, no compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                          Basically you give an identifier of your cd when you connect to the uberserver, so basically two of you could not play online at the same time
                          I think you mean the cd key. The disc is just a stupid check when the game starts. It has nothing to do with playing online. Lago already proved that you can use one disc with multiple computers. It's just the cd key that restricts them to playing LAN games.

Comment

so what did you say that contradicted me?
                            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Maranhao
                              That's pretty cool, but wouldn't it be illegal? It would be pretty easy to share your BF2 with other people if you didn't need the CD to play it. I'm a Flight Sim junkie, and there is a no-CD crack/patch for it, but I asked Microsoft and they told me it's illegal. I would email EA but I won't bother, because they won't answer.
                              I dont see how its illegal as long as you dont share it. Im a MS FS2004 junkie as well and I would really love to get disc 4 cleaned up and stored in its case b4 its too messed up to play and i gotta buy the game again. With all the expansion pacs ive bought for it the game takes up like 14 gigs....I love that game
                              Warcriminal
                              chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...