Key re-mapping question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key re-mapping question.

I've read that it can be done in other folks posts, but of course now that I want to do it, I can't locate the instructions.

I'm trying to map two commands to a single key
    Prone/zoom combo. It's essential when using the support kit, and my fat old fingers tend to flail wildly trying to engage with any kind of speed.

I'd like to keep the standard keys of "Z" fror prone, and right mouse click for zoom, but want to add an additional combo hot key...I'm thinking making it the "F" key.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Key re-mapping question.

You mean a key that makes you go prone and then immediate zoom in?
    Telorn

Comment

I don't think macro key binding is possible. You'd have to get an external program to handle macros. Check out autohotkey. It's unknown if PunkBuster will kick for this.

http://autohotkey.com/

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks for the link, but that doesn't seem kosher to me.
        I'm not getting banned for something as silly as a hotkey...I thought that a manual edit of the control file would do the trick...I've made mine custom with self-edits and there hasn't been a problem yet.
        Only way to get the joystick to work with the hat controller, atleast with my joy.

Comment

Only way to get the joystick to work with the hat controller, atleast with my joy.
          My Saitek works fine. I don't really know what the hat is "supposed" to be for, so I mapped it to the 4 different views. In the Mapping UI, that is, not with .con file edits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X