Which Headset do you guys use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Headset do you guys use?

I'm currently using this headset : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6339

The headset has gone buggy though. I have to tap it numerous times to get the right ear to work, and then once it does begin to work I can't move around at all or it will go buggy and stop working again. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should get to replace it, I'm hoping to get out sometime this coming week.

Re: Which Headset do you guys use?

Originally posted by Fetch
    I'm currently using this headset : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6339

The headset has gone buggy though. I have to tap it numerous times to get the right ear to work, and then once it does begin to work I can't move around at all or it will go buggy and stop working again. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should get to replace it, I'm hoping to get out sometime this coming week.
    I use the logitech 200/250 servies headset:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10012

Nice. Taken lots of abuse, still works.

Sounds like you have a broken connections somewhere, but probably not worth fixing.

Comment

I wont spend over 40 bucks, so I go to radio shack and get their el cheapo headset/boom mike setups...with warranty.

Dog/kids/sharing desk w/ wife...oh yea, warranty.

Comment

I have the same one as Fetch, I think it was like $15.
        Never had a problem, never a complaint from folks hearing me.
        Of course, it doesn't really give surround sound, but, really, it's good enough.

Comment

I use that same headset the cheapo logitech one. I actually have 2 now that the pre-ordered bf2 came with one as well. I've heard nothing but great thing about this one, but its more than I'm willing to spend:
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106012

This is another one I would keep my eye on, but again $80 is way out of my budget:
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826160101

Comment

Wow those headsets are fantastic. I just don't know how much to spend. I figure sound is one of the most important parts of these games, and music also plays a huge role in my life. I might aim midrange this time and probably upgrade somewhat from the Logitech ones that broke.

Comment

Headphones and Microphone for my pseudo headset. You cant go wrong with 5.1 Headphones. I endorse them so often that 4 of my person friends have gotten themselves sets. It should be noted that theese cans wont suffer through extensive wear and tear.

Dont buy them from Xoxide though, find a better deal.

Edit: Oh also, if you have a half decent sound card dont buy a USB headset. (Unless all you have is 2 channels and want 5.1)

Comment

Does a sound card affect the capabilities of say 5.1 sound, which I'm assuming is surround sound. How is it possible for the headsets to produce surround sound when there are 2 stationary speakers. As an example, do you hear the people running behind you but hear gunshots in front of you. This is confusing me, partly because I know very little about my sound card or headsets and how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetch
                  Does a sound card affect the capabilities of say 5.1 sound, which I'm assuming is surround sound. How is it possible for the headsets to produce surround sound when there are 2 stationary speakers. As an example, do you hear the people running behind you but hear gunshots in front of you. This is confusing me, partly because I know very little about my sound card or headsets and how they work.
                  If you have stereo headphones, you'll have to move your player's perspective (turn your virtual head) to be able to pinpoint directional noises.

If you have 5.1 headphones, they have multiple speakers for each ear, so they're supposed to be able to recreate surround sound. They all fail miserably though... At least the ones that I've tried have. You still have to "turn your head" to pinpoint sounds.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

anyone else using the headset that came with the game if you preordered?

Comment

I would suggest the Logitech 350 USB. I went through a couple of pairs of Altec Lansing AHS-502 headsets and the problem with both was the mic keep breaking. I went with the 350 because the entire microphone is encased in hard plastic.

If you read reviews you'll find it's not the best for music (mids and highs aren't quite as sharp as they should be) but for gaming and VOIP they are some of the best around. Very solid build and the microphone is the best I've ever used. It's crystal clear for BF2 voice.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10013

You can find them at Circuity City, Best Buy, CompUSA, etc. for $50. They are a good mid-range price unless you want to jump up to the $100 range in which case the Sennheiser headsets are the way to go.

Comment

When you get a usb headset, like the 5.1 mentionned above, it doesn't use a sound card right? DOn't you end up with crappy sound quality because it doesn't use EAX or the other fancy features of the soundcards?

Comment

I think USB headsets have EAX but nothing as fancy as an Audigy 2. I don't favour USB headsets myself. I think it's better to get a pair of Zalman 5.1 headphones and mod a mic on it. There are plenty of 5.1 headphone options and some come with mic attachments.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Can you really "feel" 'the 5.1 in a headset?

I have an old pair of sennheisers (~10 years old, paid ~80$ at the time) but if a 5.1 is the way to go, I might be tempted...

Comment

I got same one as Mateo...

Fairly new and it works like a charm I hope.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X