Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else using an SMC Baricade Router?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else using an SMC Baricade Router?

In my never ending quest to get VOIP working, I would like to know if anyone else is using an SMC Baricade router and if so how you have it set up. I can play online but if I enable VOIP as soon as the map loads there is a connection problem.

I am playing email tag with SMC who have been very polite but who have not yet solved my problem. Therefore, I thought I would put it out to the massess. I don't have the exact model of my router (at work) but most have similiar screens. The listed entries in the BF2 manual don't match the fields in the router. I have tried every combination possible.

Thanks again to the TG community for bearing with my frustration.

Pretty soon chunks of hardware are going to be airbourn =-(
    All this equipment is for editing home videos Dear.....REALLY!

Re: Is anyone else using an SMC Baricade Router?

VOIP uses up additional bandwidth. May be you should get a faster connection. More than 1 GB Downloading.

Comment

I have 3GB down and 512 up so its not that. If I bypass the router and go right into the modem or disable the firewall in the router it works fine.

Comment

This isn't an answer to your question, but i am using a smc barricade too and am having problems setting up the router. There isn't a problem with the connection but i just dont know the ports to open up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I think any nerd would kill their relatives for a 1 GB connection. That is 1024 megs per second! Your ethernet wouldn't even be able to handle that..not even a gigabit ethernet would be able to make use of more than 1/8th of that bandwidth. Even 1Gb, which is 128 MB per second, would be awesome.

I think you meant to say more than 1Mb per second, or 1024 Kb per second.

And your connection at 3Mb down, 512 Kb up is perfectly fine to handle VoIP with BF2.
          Telorn

Comment

oops my bad =-). But sure would be nice eh!!

Lakesidedr....As far as the ports that need to be opened up they should be in your manual but in case you need them they are as follows. Before you bother though, I have been in an ongoing, ummm.....disscussion, with SMC and they have finally agreed to send me a firmware upgrade to fix the VOIP problem. If you have the same model opening ports will not fix the problem...neither will setting up a DMZ. Anyways here are the ports.

TYPE LOCAL REMOTE CLIENT/SERVER COMMENTS
            __________________________________________________ _________
            UDP any 27900 Client / Server
            UDP any 29900 Client / Server Standard Port
            (29910)
            TCP any 80 Client / Server Standard
            Port
            for GameSpy
            TCP any 29900 Client / Server
            TCP any 29901 Client Not in use yet
            TCP any 29900 Server Standard Port (29920)
            UDP any 27901 Server Must be turned on in
            serversettings.con
            UDP any 27900 Server
            TCP any 28910 Client
            TCP 4711 4711 Server
            UDP any 55123 Server
            UDP any 55124 Server
            UDP any 55125 Server
            UDP any 1500-4999 Client/Server
            UDP any 16567 Server

Comment

FINALLY:

For anyone out there with an SMC router that won't allow VOIP....HERE IS THE SOLUTION.

After a lot of back and forth with SMC (And thanks to them because they took a heck of a lot of time to figure out something that fixes one game), the solution is as simple as the following:

Go into settings under firewall/Intrusion Detection and uncheck SPI and Anti-dos firewall protection.

That's it. Took a lot of trial and error. It will be fixed in the next firware update. They must of thought I was nuts. But I was very persistent.

And now VOIP works on Tactical Gamer......the only qualified BF2 servers =-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X