Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More lockups/CTD's?

first, CTD = Crash to desktop

Are any of you experiencing more lockups in the game or more CTD's lately? I had one CTD and one lockup last night, then the same tonight. Tonight I got my CTD when connecting to the server for the first time, and I got my lockup during Karkand. I had to do a reset. I've run memtest and done some system checks, my system is fine. I have no other problems except for this game and I have not installed any new software or any new drivers. I'm a bit baffled.

By the way, do I understand right that MEC won Karkand? When I got my lockup, MEC had only one flag...I can't believe they could've won that!

Re: More lockups/CTD's?

MEC did a great job coming back. Once they took back the east side, they were relentless.

Sorrry about your computer problems.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
      By the way, do I understand right that MEC won Karkand? When I got my lockup, MEC had only one flag...I can't believe they could've won that!
      MEC did do a good job. They barely seemed in the game as we swept through all of the flags east and west, but we were too busy celebrating our domination to prepare for the inevitable outbreak.

I remember being amazed that we had pushed the MEC team all the way back to their one base, and we were only ahead by about 80 tickets. It takes an awfully long time to bleed 600 tickets.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah I got my first CTD with BF2 earlier this week. (And of course the whole PB thing tonight was fun.) Other than the higly unusual CTD, I haven't noticed much other than a few more lag spikes than the past. (Only seems to happen while doing something important...like flying into a mountain.) ;P
        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
        [age-c1]
        [eng][air]

Comment

Yes I've also been getting alot of CTDs lately moreso than a few weeks ago. I updated to latest NVidia drivers and readjusted my video levels. It still randomly crashes to CTD. Sometimes after a minit or two and then it'll go hours w/o a prob. hmmmm...

Comment

The MEC all of a sudden being able to break through and capture a bunch of flags, and turn the tide could of had something to do with the punkbuster bug that seemed to kick a bunch of people all at once. The US might have gotten hit worse and became disorganized. They lost me, afterall :row__642:

And my game is still stable. But I did get the PB kick bug last night. Apparently I've heard you need to manually update PB to 'probably' get rid of the issue.
            Telorn

Comment

I have not had any CTD's since BF2 retail has been installed. I did have a CTD when playing with unsupported res settings trying to get my LCD's native res of 1280x768.

I would suggest if you are overclocking drop it down a bit, I know of this causing CTD's once the cpu gets fully taxed, XP just says hey now and kills the app.

[age-c1] [conduct]
              Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

CTDs can easily be an overheating issue, as well. System's these days have feature's in place to shut down applications (or the heat just causes it to become unstable and it crashes) to prevent CPU and GPUs from overheating too dangerously.

I keep my CPU at about 40-45 celcius while in BF2. I'm stable as a rock - Until the PunkBuster man stepped on my pebble last night and kicked me out after stubbing his toe. My CPU is an AMD 3200 running at 2300MHz.
                Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                  CTDs can easily be an overheating issue, as well. System's these days have feature's in place to shut down applications (or the heat just causes it to become unstable and it crashes) to prevent CPU and GPUs from overheating too dangerously.

I keep my CPU at about 40-45 celcius while in BF2. I'm stable as a rock - Until the PunkBuster man stepped on my pebble last night and kicked me out after stubbing his toe. My CPU is an AMD 3200 running at 2300MHz.
                  I custom build all my own stuff and take temperature precautions. My CPU never goes over 45C, and my GPU has never gone over 65C. I know it's not an overheating issue and nothing in my system is overclocked. The things I have are so fast I wouldn't see any benefit from overclocking ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                    I custom build all my own stuff and take temperature precautions. My CPU never goes over 45C, and my GPU has never gone over 65C. I know it's not an overheating issue and nothing in my system is overclocked. The things I have are so fast I wouldn't see any benefit from overclocking ;)

Show off.

;)

Haven't had any CTD's though I've still been getting connection issues the past couple of nights....
                    It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X