Mobility??? Uh.. drivers??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobility??? Uh.. drivers??

I know its not Ideal...but I'm on a laptop and I'm running a Mobility Radeon 9600 128Mb and I'm just wondering if anyone has found drivers for this...So far after a little research i've come up with nothing.. is this really the case?? Anything would be appreciated :) Thanks..

Re: Mobility??? Uh.. drivers??

im running the same video card Mobility Radeon 9600 pro 128 MB. I am not on my laptop right now so I know no which drivers I am running, but im sure there are drivers on the ATI website because mobility cards are popular now. You may also try out the Omega drivers. Also, whats the make/model of you laptop becuase that is also a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet911
      I know its not Ideal...but I'm on a laptop and I'm running a Mobility Radeon 9600 128Mb and I'm just wondering if anyone has found drivers for this...So far after a little research i've come up with nothing.. is this really the case?? Anything would be appreciated :) Thanks..
      Omega's drivers are what you seek my son. Work great with the mobility chips.

Comment

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

check this site out about mid way down and it lists mobile drivers
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

But who makes the best drivers for Omega? Is it just personal preferences?
          Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
            You misunderstand what Omega does.

He takes the latest version of of the Radeon Catalysts, and remove all the stock settings. They tweak the drivers so that the chips can be overclocked and add back in support for IGP/Mobile/OEM Radeon chip versions.

Whenever someone has trouble with their drivers, they should try these. I can't stress enough the quality of the Omega's work.

Comment

I'm running the Omega drivers on my laptop now. It runs BF2 just fine.
              Originally posted by Black_V!per
              Only one person makes the drivers for Omega. That's Omega. I'm not sure if your question is making much sense.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Hey Thanks for all the feedback! BF2 Runs reasonably well,... its just that I get that nasty skip that lasts 1.4 seconds.. and its just enough to crash my chopper or run around a corner that I didnt intend to... so .. I dont know if new drivers will fix that.. I suppose its worth a try. Any risk to my system with those Omegas?? I'm running an HPzx5000 series custom laptop

P4 3.0
                768mb RAM (Have a gig but haven't found instructions on how to access the other chip yet)
                Mobility Radeon 9600 128
                60 gig hd (SLOW rpm) Maybe that causes the skip too.. hmm..???

Comment

This may be helpful to some:
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=52302
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

I'm not sure if drivers will completely fix the problem. My laptop specs:

AMD64 3000+ (2.0Ghz)
                    512MB RAM
                    Mobility 9600 64MB
                    60GB HD 4200 RPM

It runs fine for the most part. It does stutter a bit when a round starts and the load times are really long. My desktop loads quicker with the faster harddrive and 768MB RAM minimizes the stutter at the beginning. Although, the laptop does have higher framerates because of my Audigy PCMCIA card. Both setups run BF2 on mostly low settings and 1024x768.

What are your game settings?

Comment

Well I just installed the Omega drivers... and no real improvement.. no degrading either. SO I guess thats good. :) My settings are on low and lighting and effects are on medium... so just that random stutter is what bothers me... still playable by all means though. :)

Comment

I got my lighting and effects on low. I think the only medium setting I have is geometry. For the most part, FPS is around 35-40.

Comment

hmm.. i got that fps avg with the lighting on medium and effects on med.. maybe thats All I can ask for with my setup.

Comment

i got a 1.6 Pentium M (Centrino) with a 128mb 9600 agp pro and 512 ram. I run the game on low settings for all except for terrain. I recently heat modded my video card (cause they can get really hot while playing a game) I can safely overclock from 338:243 to 400:285 and it still runs about 20 degrees lower Celsius. Once I get more ram...i might try to step it up a notch or higher the res.

if you want more info on heat modding...ill be glad to help

Comment

The Catalyst(and Omega) 5.7's are buggy as hell... lots of people have been having issues with thim. Id reccomend going with the 5.6 flavour for the time being.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X