Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pnkbstrb.exe initialization failed eternal kick

I get this error log when trying to install/re-install punkbuster:

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (01/21/12 23:26:11)
    Checking OS
    Windows XP (build 2600, Service Pack 2) 32-bit
    Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
    Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1032)
    Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\**\Application Data\PnkBstrB.exe"
    OK
    Checking firewall settings OFF
    Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
    Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
    Opening socket for packet send OK
    Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
    Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
    Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
    Response = 7140 (ms) Version = v1032
    Getting PnkBstrB install instance NOT FOUND
    Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
    Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
    Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
    Response = 11172 (ms) PnkBstrB DID NOT start.
    Load FAILED.
    PnkBstrA.log: [01.21.2012 23:25:30] ERROR: C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.xtr does not contain a valid certificate; Load denied.
    [01.21.2012 23:26:19] ERROR: The operation completed successfully.

[01.21.2012 23:26:20] ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\**\Application Data\PnkBstrB.exe does not contain a valid certificate; Load denied.

Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (0)

then a dialog box that pops up says

"error the extract file failed an authenticity check"

in BF2 vanilla i get constantly get kicked with this message

"pnkbstrb.exe initialization failed"

this is all started happening sometime during late fall 2010 into the new year, i haven't been able to play a bf2 vanilla game since for more than 10 - 20 seconds

I've had Project reality installed for about 2 years prior to fall 2010, I tried installing Desura - to somehow download the new maps that came out Jan 2012 or Dec 2010?

I try logging into Desura but it never loads / always with a login failed even with the correct info. I tried uninstalling through the program files folder / and through add/remove programs but it fails to load the uninstaller for 5 mins of screen freeze, I tried starting the Desura service in administrative tools>services but it gives me a error of

Could not start the Desura Install Service service on Local Computer

Error 0xffffffff: 0xffffffff

When i try Verifying integrity of game cache of my Steam Bf2 vanilla it tells me the cache is missing two files and is acquiring them which fail to download - I did this 3-4 times - i get the same two files missing - I don't know what they are though.

I've deleted every pnkbstrA/B.exe pbsvc.exe pbsetup.exe / system32>pnkbstr.___ related file / registry keys after backing up the registry / rebooted / reinstalled bf2 vanilla w/ no mods and I get the constant error kick of pnkbstrB.exe initialization failed.

the punkbuster logo when in the server browser on the bottom right of the screen has the white letters and green letters of "Punkbuster" off-center of each other.

I've downloaded a pbcl.dll file off evenbalance and replaced it in the steamapps/bf2/pb folder - did nothing

This seems to have happened right about the time Arma 2 / OA / DLC released a massive update in December 2010, after I finished downloading the updated games the pnkbsterb.exe kicks happened around the same time as the arma updates and the Desura install that I needed to get to install the new bf2: pr maps in Dec 2010

Kind regards,

rc

Delete PB from the EA BF2 folder.

Load up PB, clear bf2 from the box, click "update", then add BF2, click "update", then once it's installed restart your computer.

I highly recommend downloading and installing game booster, it's free and is a lot of help!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Re: pnkbstrb.exe initialization failed eternal kick

You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for '0' minutes) ... restriction: service communication failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

I'm still getting the error

in zonealarm - i unchecked "enable OSfirewall"

I don't know why that is checked-

now when i try loading bf2 from steam it gets stuck at Performing first time setup:

installing: BF2CDKEYCHECK.exe step 2 of 2

i've owned the game for two years now, and it never gets stuck at this loading step

i dblclick on the bf2cdkeycheck.exe in steamapps>support folder and it crashes when it tries to load
      Last edited by bunsack; 01-23-2012, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Make sure you are running BF2 and PB as administrator.
        Also try tuning off your firewall and anti virus software and see if that works.

This article seems to have some relevant information, although it's for CoD4

If everything fails try the official PB support.

Just saw your edit. In my personal opinion ZoneAlarm is one of the worst frewalls out there, a lot of programs have compatibility issues with it. See if completely uninstalling it changes anything.
        Also check out this post, it might help.
        sigpic

Comment

what firewalls do you recommend?

Appreciate the link info I'll look over it today

Comment

sidenote: when in arma 2 OA mp game - after 15 - 25 mins the screen goes black with only the game hud text and ingame chat text flashing on and off - I am physically still connected ingame and am hearing the audio from the game happening all around me where i'm standing but he screen is black with just the text flashing in and out, I have to alt tab ctrl alt delete and end process arma oa. - this happens every game if i decide to stay for 15 to 30 mins of constant gameplay. This is after update.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Arma2 issues but we have a forum for those, you should try posting there.

As for the firewall, i just use the built in Windows firewall and a router.
              I'm not an IT security expert though, so i suggest you read some articles on that topic to find what's best for you.
              sigpic

Comment

correction: i meant late fall 2011 into the new year 2012

Comment

i changed some settings in zonealarm i can get back into the game now but i still get kicked.

also i'm on winxp home sp2

Comment

I strongly suggest you install XP Service Pack 3.

Also, what happens if you completely uninstall ZA and try to join a game?
                    sigpic

Comment

sp3 slows my lappy down, and i don't trust it, i've tried installing it before.

i tried installing pbsvc.exe in safe mode i get the "error the extract file failed an authenticity check"

Comment

update: tried uninstalling zonealarm - then installing pbsvc and pbsetup in safe mode and regular xp , get same error of authenticity check failed on the pnkbstrA.exe

also, it seems i'm unable to download sp3

Comment

i've uninstalled all the programs that could be conflicting with pbsvc.exe, and deleting the pnkbstr related files in doc settings / ... / app data stiil getting extract file failed authenticity check

Comment

Originally posted by bunsack View Post
                            installing pbsvc and pbsetup in safe mode and regular xp
                            Make sure you run the installer as administrator.

Why are you unable to download sp3?
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...