Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont try this at home folks

after all those crashes i was getting i decided to get a new powersupply

when i oppened the case to unplug the old one from the motherboard, the main plug to the mobo was stuck there, it had melted in there, the plastic was all black and the pins burned brown black, guess that exp[lains the crashes... some ping where split and half because evey pin is made of four mini pins that sqeeze together

after pulling the connector out without ripping it from the mobo(the connectore was incinerated right from the board up) i was stuck half the psu connector metled in solid platic in the connector on the mobo,the new plug could even try to get in...

knowing i couldnt miss good games, i didnt want to miss some bf2 at TG tonite, I proceed to start scrapping all the melted plastic around the connecor using a needle clamped to a pair of visegrips and a toothbrush

after an hour of cleaning and breaking the bruned plastic off the connector i ended up with almost no connector left exept the 20 or so burned out pins sticking out, about 20 pins sticking out, some of them if had to twist and twirls them to bring each subpin to make a full pin

notmuch wasleftofthe connector, so I plugged the connector of the new psu on those bare pins, and all other peripherals in the back

..fans blowing had drive spining the thing boots up perfectly, couldnt believe it

the burned mobo is still holding on to its dear life, but working, its not over till its over :D

so ill be ingame soon, cya in there!!
    Last edited by TG_Snap; 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM.

breakdancing since the 80's

Re: dont try this at home folks

Reminder: Call your insurance company and make sure your fire policy is in force please.

[age-c1] [conduct]
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Good idea, trigger. You're tredding on a fire hazard.
      Telorn

Comment

Indeed, after seeing that mess, the motherboard and PSU woulda been out the door! Gaming is fun, but not fun enough to risk a fire. Without pictures, I'd also be afraid that you're putting other components on the MB at risk.. CPU, RAM, cards, etc. Don't leave the computer on if you're not sitting right next to it.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Snap, you sure like to live dangerously!

I'm hoping you don't fry anything else.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

lol, I leave it unplugged, the extra current was allowed to flow because at the time the mobo was set to auto-adjust the voltages, having alot of hardware at one point, it used more current, wich caused the burn, now the bios is adjusted to constant voltages.
            Last edited by TG_Snap; 08-02-2005, 06:51 PM.

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X