Yet another VOIP problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another VOIP problem

Okay guys, I've checked many different threads on this topic and none of them have seemed to help me with my VOIP problem. I have an Audigy 2 sound card, so I downloaded the OpenAL download thing and set my hardware acceleration to basic. I also have a normal headset that plugs into the speaker output and microphone slot. My problem is I can neither hear any squadmates and it seems they can't hear me. I press B to talk and the green thing comes up but nothing. I am on BattleCommo enabled servers also, any ideas on what could be causing the problem. The only thing that seems strange is when I do a microphone test, when I speak into the microphone, the line will barely move out at all, no matter what I set the different settings on. But it seems to be more than a microphone problem because I can't hear anybody talking on BF2. ???

Thanks
    Brooks

Re: Yet another VOIP problem

have you tried your mic with the recorder start>programs>accesories>entertainment>soundrecod er

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

Yes it works fine... is it just that no one uses VOIP much on BF2, it could just be that Ive never been in a squad where anyone is using it to talk back, and they can hear me

Comment

I have never been in a full squad on TG where NOBODY talked.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

had same problem during demo, then it stopped after installing retail and reinstalling the sound drivers for my sb live, either the install of retail or the driver fixed it

breakdancing since the 80's

Comment

Okay, I was in an EA server today and it was the first time my VOIP worked, could it have something to do with the fact that non EA servers do not have all of the correct settings or whatever to support it, and only the EA servers work properly for Voice Comm?

Comment

It could be possible that all the servers you've been on have incorrectly set up VOIP. Play on the TG servers (search for tacticalgamer.com) and try it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by dbl456
                Okay, I was in an EA server today and it was the first time my VOIP worked, could it have something to do with the fact that non EA servers do not have all of the correct settings or whatever to support it, and only the EA servers work properly for Voice Comm?

Unfortunatley, I think you will find that a high percentage of servers do not enable there VOIP. I am sure there are many reasons why, it is unfortunate.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

try microphpne boost. iirc there is a checkbox in BF2to enable mic boost.

If the green bar is not moving than your mic is not loud enough. Also try in the volume control go to recording settings, make sure mic is NOT muted and set that volume to full.
                  I also check to make sure the mic playback IS muted because I don't like my voice reverberating back at me :)

Comment

hi, my micraphone works fine on evrything apart from bf2 but when i go into a server voip disabes itself in the options and i cant here squadmates on voip there was 1 time when it didnt do it but i only got to say hi to the squadmember and then the green thing whent off and i couldnt hear my squaddies again, has anybody got an idea how to fix it please thnx

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X