Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd display problem

Hello all,
    I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I just built a new rig a couple days ago and it kicks total ass on every game except for one...BF2. Here is the problem, when I start the game, the monitor flickers and blocks appear all over the screen. They are not square, they look like little puzzle pieces or something...it is very hard to describe. It does this at the part where it shows the DiCE logo and through the entire opening movie. When I get in game, I see "the blocks" only on certain parts of the screen, like where a mountain is, for example. Other than that, the game runs fine.
    Hope you guys can help! Thanks.

Running the patched version of BF 2(unpatching soon)
    Sys stats:
    Intel P4 3.4 gig with HT
    GeForce 6800 GTOC 256 onboard RAM
    1 gig of DDR2 RAM
    Monitor is an LG Flatron 17" LCD monitor.

I think it is a refresh rate or something..but then again I could be wrong...

Re: Wierd display problem

My only guess is a heat issue. BF2 may be pushing your hardware so hard that the video card is overheating causing problems. Although, you say it happens with the intro movie too.

I can say that it can't be your refresh rate because LCD monitors have one refresh rate and can't use any others.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well...it is the card. Here is a shot:

This was taken using PrintScreen. So what could this be? The card says it is running at 61 degree C. Any thoughts?

Comment

Try opening up your computer case and running a fan on the video card. If the problem goes away, then it's probably a heat issue.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I don't know what to think about this one. I am running the exact same video card without any problems, but I have excellent cooling in the case. I can' think that is the problem though since the card should still be running pretty cool on the introductory videos.

I'd think about checking the AGP apeture in your system bios and making sure it is 256 and verifying that DirectX 9.0c is installed. Other than that I'm not sure. Let us know if you figure it out.

EDIT: Also, there are nvidia drivers that are newer than the ones that are supplied on the BF2 disk. If nothing else they should improve your performance. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Also, when you installed the card did you use a splitter to get enough available molex connectors or did you make sure you gave it its own? I've seen intermittant problems like this when the card isn't getting enough juice.
          Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
          [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X