What settings should i use in game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What settings should i use in game?

i have a radeon 9700 pro and i believe 1.5 gigs of ram (both of which mean nothing to me). In game, what settings should i be at for each drop down box? If any other system specs are needed, tell me how i would find out what those specs are on my computer for i am not computer savvy :)

Re: What settings should i use in game?

Your processor speed and sound card type would help.

I have the same card but I don't run BF2 very high. Most of the settings are on low at 1024x768.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

thats a pretty dicent card and RAM you have. if you have a processor above 3.2ghz then i would suggest high settings.

Comment

is there a way to find out how many ghz i have? Hah i dont even know what those are.

Comment

Control Panel
          System
          General
          Under computer
          [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
          [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Ah thanks mishkan, heres exactly what it said.

AMD athlon XP 3000+, 2.1GHZ, 1.0GB of ram. Heh guess i was wrong about the specs i thought i had.

Comment

I have an AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1.5GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 128MB. Here's what I play at:
              [email protected]
              Terrain: High
              Effects: High
              Geometry: High
              Texture: Low
              Lighting: Medium
              Dynamic Shadows: Low
              Dynamic Light: Off
              Anti-Aliasing: 2x
              Texture Filtering: Medium
              View Distance Scale: 100%

I dunno what FPS I play at, but whatever it is it seems fine to me. I'm not quite sure how I came up with them.. probably through looking at a couple FAQs and trying stuff out. Try em out and see how they work for you. I doubt my video card is much, if any, better than yours. Processor speeds should, in theory, be quite similar. RAM may make a pretty big difference though. You may need to drop one or two of the high settings down to medium.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

I saw you play, your good at getting killed . even if your not computer savy.

Comment

im good at GETTING killed? hah well thanks 0_o

Comment

He was the point leader for at least one of the games he was playing in my squad. And a damn fine medic. And BH gunner, as I recall. ;)

I have a 9700 Pro but have a lesser resolution on my screen (800x600). I'd say try the settings at Medium and see how it works out for you.
                    Beatnik

Comment

Yeah playin medic for yall was fun. Anywho i tried what perry suggested and it was a bit choppy so tomorrow im gonna try medium

Comment

Heyya CoS,

I would venture to say that your game is kinda choppy because of your RAM. This game has to hit the harddrive like millions of times during a match and I was having the same problem until I upgraded from 1G of RAM to 2G and defraged my harddrive. The problems went away completely. Your card will probably run best on medium settings, but I'm thinking the stuttering problems are not related to that.

I know you said you're not computer savvy but if you could find someone to upgrade your system to 2Gigs (if it can handle 2 gigs )and defrag your drive you would probably have a way better BF2 experience.

Just my .02

EDIT: you can defrag your own hd real easy...just go to START->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter and let it do it's thing. It will take quite a while probably so just start it when you have other stuff to do.
                        Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
                        [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragged
                          Heyya CoS,

I would venture to say that your game is kinda choppy because of your RAM. This game has to hit the harddrive like millions of times during a match and I was having the same problem until I upgraded from 1G of RAM to 2G and defraged my harddrive. The problems went away completely. Your card will probably run best on medium settings, but I'm thinking the stuttering problems are not related to that.

I know you said you're not computer savvy but if you could find someone to upgrade your system to 2Gigs (if it can handle 2 gigs )and defrag your drive you would probably have a way better BF2 experience.

I run 1 GB of dual channel 3200 RAM and my game is not choppy in the least. I run at medium settings (with dynamtic lighting/shadows turned off), 1024x768, AMD barton @ 3200+, SB Audigy 2 ZX, GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP. To me throwing that much RAM to solve the issue means there's an underlying problem in the setup that needs to be tweaked, if you're unable to get a decent framerate without that much RAM. IF you have an older processor and other components then perhaps more RAM could solve the issue but on a half decent system that much RAM shouldn't be needed to get smooth gameplay on reasonable settings.

Comment

I set up BF2 on my system by monitoring the frame rate with FRAPS software. Start out with medium settings then increase one at a time while taking note of the frames per second. FRAPS can be downloaded at: http://www.download.com/Fraps/3000-2...ml?tag=lst-0-1 .

Continue monitoring the frames per second after bumping up each setting and see how high you can go untill the frame rate starts to drop off. Back it off a bit and then u will be good to go. I got the idea to do this from Gamespot which posted this very informative article on its website:http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-S...body_pagenum=2

Also, if you need to get your system info try Sandra Lite: http://www.download.com/SANDRA-Lite/...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Hope this helps,
                            WC
                            Warcriminal
                            chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Here we go, this is how I came up with the baseline for my settings.. http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=4763

3000+ high settings
                              1GB high settings
                              9700 mid settings

Close down as many programs while running the game as you can. 1gig of RAM isn't doing much good if all of it's filled up before the game even starts. Having to swap stuff out to virtual memory can really kill performance.
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed