Don't upgrade your sound card just yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't upgrade your sound card just yet

Did you happen to notice under the audio options a setting called "creative x-fi".

I was having some audio issues and decided to look into this as I was considering upgrading my SB audigy 2. I'm such a sucker for the upgrades.

Note this product is not out yet.

Quite the glowing review by Tom's hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050705/

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/

What do you think? Battlefield 2 is the first game to support this new audio tech.

[age-c1] [conduct]
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Re: Don't upgrade your sound card just yet

Wow, the headphones section of the review makes me really want this card since I use a headset almost all the time. Tom's hardware reviews are generally spot on so this is something I might seriously consider.
    Never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
    [age-c1][conduct]

Comment

I don't use the headphones myself but I was attracted to the reduced cpu load better sound quality etc. I am an audiophile home theater buff, I have a collection of super audio and dvd-audio music, I appreciate the higher quality 24 bit audio.

I wonder how BF2 will sound with this feature enabled!

Your right about Tom's, hell his site has been around since the dawn of the internet. I used to go his site to read about the scsi drives 10 years ago. Very well respected views.

[age-c1] [conduct]

Comment

Another review 17% better framerates vs on-board audio

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/pres...p?searchid=138

[age-c1] [conduct]

Comment

I think that the SB Audigy 4 is too expensive for me right now so I can only imagine what this will cost when it's released. I just upgraded to an Audigy 2 ZS so I figure by the time I'll be upgrading this card, this technology should be affordable. Looks interesting though,I'll be keeping an eye out for what people are saying about this when it comes out. Though I am a bit wary on Creative's claims, anyone remember the whole issue with the Audigy cards not recording in true 24bit (least I think that's what it was)? If they weren't the sole provider of the newest EAX I'd be steering clear of them and their awful software.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X