My command prompt dissapeared.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My command prompt dissapeared.

Allright, I have some issues regarding my cmd prompt just dissapearing. Somehow, possibly this virus I got (don't ask), my command prompt doesn't work anymore. When I go to windows, I don't have my system32 folder or at least I can't see it

I have my hidden files and folders visible but its not showing. I was going to just copy the cmd.exe to the folder, but like I said its not there.

I search for it and it only comes up under windows/lastgood/system32 . That folder contains crap in it. But, when i go to run and type in cmd i get an error. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Re: My command prompt dissapeared.

ive got 2 and you wont like either....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

If you are going to suggest a wipe and reinstall, I don't think that is necessary. Everything runs perfectly fine except for the command line. Which means I am sure there is a fix for it. either way, I have my OS on its own partition and most my data should be on the others anyway. I set it up specifically for situations wehre i may have to do a full reinstall.
      [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
      TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by AntiVisual
        Everything runs perfectly fine except for the command line.
        That's what you say now... :)

Has the virus been successfully removed from your system?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You have no system32 folder and the computer is still running? booting??? heh

It's gotta be there somewhere..

Have you tried doing a search for cmd.exe? LKG/Safe mode -- do you see the system32 folder then?

Boot off XP cd and go to repair console (command prompt) and you can look around at the directory structure to make sure it's correct / fix it.

If all else fails, here are two less scary options to try first:
          assuming you're running XP because you mentioned /windows and last good --

1. XP System restore (have ya tried that yet?)
          2. Reinstall service pack 2
          sigpic

Comment

make sure you have system files visible (which is different from hidden files) and also see if it works in safe mode

Comment

so?
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed