Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new rig

Hey y'all

Been waitin so long for my pc to arrive - i cancelled order & got from elsewhere

been guarenteed delivery mon -sweet as

spec - amd athalon64 .400+
    1024 ram
    NVIDIA 6200 256mb

will this run BF2 ok? and what recommended settings???

I'm no graphics whore - but want it run smooth as poss

any recommendations???

ps cant wait see y'all monday nite!!

cheers

Re: My new rig

decent chip there, that card probably isnt the greatest for battlefield 2 though

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

yeah i thought that - i'll upgrade soon enuff - but will it run it ok for now??

as said - dont care if looks great - my mate runs on all low & thats looks ok to me

just dont want it be laggy - or low FPS - will it be ok u think?

Comment

yeah it should run fine at medium, unless you use a crazy resolution

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Hi Garfy,

congrats on the new rig :) A lot of the gfx problems people have are not to do with the gfx card, but with the memory (loading the textures into your RAM). Thus if your ram is good / at least 1Gb then you should not cause a bottleneck.

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro and run on settings with Med/Low in general. I would expect your card to top that. Possibly the best thing to do is download a program called FRAPS. Run it then load BF2 on lowish gfx settings (go into single player with lots of bots or jump on a full server). It will tell you the framerate the game is running at. Now up the gfx quality till the framerate is around the 40-50 mark for general play. This should ensure that even when things get messy you still have a frame rate of 25+

Should help you find a level you are happy with.

(ps moving to tech support and faq section).

Comment

hey thanks for that - great advice

I'm a bit of a pc newbie tbh - always had xbox until i discovered joys of battlfield - got an old pc - but never used for online gaming

appreciate the help - cant wait to get up n runnin

Comment

Originally posted by Garfy
              spec - amd athalon64 .400+
              1024 ram
              NVIDIA 6200 256mb

will this run BF2 ok? and what recommended settings???
              Sup kiLLa!!!

My custom AMD64 is similar to yours. Originally I was using the NVIDIA 6200 and it ran BF2 fairly well with all the vid settings on medium. The only "issue" I had was when u first inserted the BF2 CDROM. The BF2 splash screen would prompt me to upgrade my NVIDIA drivers. Just go along with it and it will probably quit the install and give you a message about you not having any compatable hardware and then cancel the install on its own. I was only prompted to do all this when I put the BF2 CDROM in for the first time or whenever I took it out and re-inserted it later on.

After a couple weeks I decided to get the NVIDIA 6800 GT OC. With the 6800 I was able to put TEXTURES, GEOMETRY and TERRAIN on High while maintaining fairly high frame rates but it wasn't absolutely necissary for me to upgrade...I just like throwing my money away :)
              Warcriminal
              chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by warcriminal2
                I just like throwing my money away :)

Throw some in my direction :D

Comment

yeah, i seem to burn through money pretty quickly haha. I just dropped like $500 on upgrades.

Garfy, until i just recently upgraded my card i was running a 9500 pro at low settings and I had no lag whatsoever. I notice a difference in settings, but nothing huge when I bump them up. So, I think you'll be ok with low settings.
                  [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
                  TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Just use a program like Fraps (its free on download.com) to monitor your frame rate when in-game. Start with all your vid settings on low, bump one up then return to the same server (TG or GameCenter servers run nice) to see how many Frames Per Second(FPS) you are getting. Keep doing this till u see the FPS start to drop off a lot then back off the last setting and go to the next.

I usually get around 70-90 FPS depending on how much is goin on in front of me. If you get below 40 or 50 and might start lagggggin.
                    Warcriminal
                    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

how much different is a 6200 from say a 9800 pro guys?

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                      Delta MICS
                      Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Or if you don't want to download a 3rd party utility you can just type this in your command console:

renderer.drawFps 1

It is case sensitive, so capitalize that F.

This will show you the in-game FPS meter. Probably won't be as accurate as FRAPS, but that doesn't really matter. You just want a general guage to see what settings make a difference.
                        Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X