problems w/ 7800GTX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems w/ 7800GTX

I am running Windows Media Center w/ SP2 and BF2 w/ 1.02. The game ran fine on my ATI X800XL. I removed all of the ATI drivers and files and installed an MSI 7800GTX w/ driver version 77.75 and tried running BF2. The game now flashes a black screen and then crashes to the desktop every time. I upgraded to 77.77 drivers and it did not help.

I reinstalled the game and that did not help. I tried running the game w/out the patch and that did not change anything.

I ran Nasty File Remover and am certain all ATI files are gone.

Every other game I have runs FINE on the new card (Doom 3, HL2, FarCry, etc...) except for BF2 and that is the only game I want to play and the reason I bought the new card!!

any suggestions? I"m really pulling my hair out here!

thanks

Re: problems w/ 7800GTX

I'll trade you my 6800GT for your 7800 and that will solve your problem. :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

so I installed the BF2 Demo and it runs just FINE!

What a load of crap.

Comment

its a glitch saying YOUR TOO FREAKING RICH!!!

*stockpiles money*
        |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

rich glitch?

No, I don't think that was the problem. W/ a suggestion from another forum I simply deleted the BF2 folder in My Documents and now it works perfectly.

I don't know the reason that this worked but it did and that is all that [email protected] :-)

Thanks for the, uh, "helpful" suggestions!

Comment

Are you running a refresh rate locker? BF2 may be trying to run at the default 800x600x60Hz and is crashing because your PC is trying to force a higher refresh rate.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Upgrade from an 800xl...WHY? that card is ballz out fast.

[age-c1] [conduct]
              Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

thanks guys, I figured it out (see earlier post).

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Trigger
                  Upgrade from an 800xl...WHY? that card is ballz out fast.
                  shader version

I would run any shader3 compatable card over the X850 PEGTXA/whatever

I had a radeon x600pro come with my PC and was chuffed, then saw someone running h/life2 on a GeForce6600 (i think) and although the frame rates were lovely on either card, the shader3 capable card easily looked more gorgeous.

It's what made me go and get my 7800GTX , now I can max out BF2 with 4xAA with card set at 'high quality' in the drivers and it's all silky smooth even when there is a ton of smoke wafting about :D, and the transparency aliasing is sweet for games that use a lot of foliage. You snipers would have a much nicer view of the world ;P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X