Need Help With Connection!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Connection!

my my computers internet is connected through a router, my brothers is connected through the router, we can both play bf2 on our connections and computers. My problem is, my friend came over, we hooked him up to the router. his internet works!, he can search sites and so forht, we go into battlefield on his computer, try to make an account and it says "please check your internet connection" we minimize, hit the internet button, and everything is still working fine. Then we go back into the game and still it doesnt work! i need help, all it is saying is cannot connect. and if it helps, my computer works with bf2 and his doesnt and we are both trying at the same time, so i think its something wrong with his please HELP!!!

Re: Need Help With Connection!

Firewall??

Comment

Re: Need Help With Connection!

I was getting this, and I was damn sure it wasnt any firewall causing the problem. Almost exactly same situation too; I had gone over mates house with my BF2 key. We were gonna have some fun online.

INstalled game (athlon 1600+, 512MB 2700DDR, GeForce 5700LE btw, and wth all settings on low it runs nice and smooth!)

Now, when I went to make acount, I had ecatly what your getting. It wasnt my PC, and I could only see an icon for norton antivirus, - NO firewalls. No norton firewall installed, no other firewall installed, and windows firewall tunred off!! I was pulling my hair out.

Then, under control-panel -> services

There was a service called Norton Antivirus Firewall

wtf!! I had never seen that before. It stayed 'started' even when I shut down norton antivirus. Struck me as wierd.

Anyway, I disabled the norton-antivirus-firewall service (there was a separate one just for norton-antivirus) (sheesh, I'ts still wierding me out something like that exists) and it was all ok!

So, after all that, even if your damn sure no firewalls are installed, in use, turned on etc etc.. double chek for a wierd norton-antivirus-firewall thangumy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X