Boost Mic Gain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Mic Gain

Hi, I just got the logitech USB 350 headset.

It appears I am unable to use mic gain. The 'boost mic gain' option is grayed out and i can't select it. This has been the same with other microphones.

I don't have any kind of sound card.

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    1.82 Ghz, 512 MB RAM
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    Asus A7V8X-X Mobo

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Boost Mic Gain

If you only use the mainboard soundcard you'll probably have some difficulties with the sound options in general. Read the readme-file on your BF2 DVD and there's a long list of soundcards which is not supportet. That may have something to do eith the boost mic gain..
    "That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on ... that rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer"

Comment

So is there any way that I will be able to sound louder without the use of gain boost?

The volume on teamspeak is fine.

Comment

Ob1one,

I have recently been using a USB-headset from Trust and I have no problems with it, However I did had to use the Gain otherwise no one could hear me. Only thing I can think of that you are still logged in on a server when trying to change te settings. I can only change sound (and graphics) settings when disconnected from a server.

Hope this helps.

Marco
        Pommetje

Comment

first off, make sure your disconnected from the game. this may sound silly, but you can only turn on and off mic gain if you are not currently playing a game.

my headset (a cheap, no brand one with large ear-covers) works well with mic gain on, and transmit volume at 60%

also, i have no sound card, so im not sure if that makes a difference
          |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Turns out i don't even need to use the mic gain boost. Everyone seems to be hearing and understanding my funny accent during games.

Thanks anyway. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X