Unable to play in any BF2 server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to play in any BF2 server.

Everything in the game loads up fine...I can see all servers.
    When I try and connect to a server, I do. Everything was working great last night. Now once I connect and everything loads up - its says there is a problem with my connection. I haven't had any problems with other games, and I power cycled my modem. I reinstalled, and patched. Disabled the firewall...turned off moden security. If anyone can suggest other things to try, I'd appreciate it.

p4 3ghz
    1gb 3200 ddr dual channel
    geforce 5700 256mb
    net gear wireless modem
    intel motherboard with onboard 1ghz ethernet.
    "All warfare is based on deception."
    -Sun Tzu

Re: Unable to play in any BF2 server.

This Post will give you tips not sure if it relates to your problems though. Good Luck!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55725

Trill

Comment

have you changed ANYTHING at all? also, try seeing what your bandwidth is, it could be your isp hitting a problem or i've even heard of them cutting your bandwidth if you've been excessively using it (this may just be a rumor) it could be your network is just slow enough that you can't join a game due to high ping, but thats a shot in the dark
      |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

thanks guys, nothing is working. Gonna start replacing components as soon as I can. something must be wrong with the comp.
        "All warfare is based on deception."
        -Sun Tzu

Comment

Have you tried manually updating PunkBuster?
          Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by GassyGnoll
            thanks guys, nothing is working. Gonna start replacing components as soon as I can. something must be wrong with the comp.
            Wait a moment before you pick up that sledgehammer!

Have you tried reinstalling directX?

Have you installed _anything_at_all_ since you originally installed BF2? Tryi uninstalling those things one by one.

Have you used msconfig to disable everything in the startup sequence? (start->run enter 'msconfig')
            use that to remove everything from startup, if BF2 works then, add them back one by oneuntill you find the culprit.

finally,

Have you installed _anything_at_all_ since you originally installed BF2? Tryi uninstalling those things one by one.

and one more time ;P

I reallly really really don't think you compi is broken, if you start replacing things it'll just cost you money :/

(( Ok, I could be wrong and something could be busted, but I'd bet hard cash that it isnt ;P ))

Comment

Definately analyze what could be different.

I noticed that when I patched up, although all was well before, that I was getting "connection error" every few minutes...unfortunately it was not punkbuster.

Later, Apo told me to consider changing the cable, modem, and router. I think that was the order he said to go in. Anyway, upgrading the modem (which was 5 years old) ended up sorting out my problem.

Good luck...it is frustrating as all get out...I know.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X