No announcement yet.

How-To: Commander VoIP to SLs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To: Commander VoIP to SLs

1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon (1stMIP)
    Research Report by John CANavar

We tested CO-squad communication system and confirm that CO can easily speak to each squad or group of squads seperately !

Talking to Squad 1 ONLY !
    - press "1" to select squad 1
    - press "B" to talk to squad 1. Other squads will not hear you

Talking Squads 1 and 3
    - press and hold ctrl key and then press "1" and "3"
    - press "B" to talk to squads 1 and 3. Other squads will not hear you
    - the next selection you make will deselect your last one.

Talking to All Squads
    - use V key

- The CO-SL communication system is very easy to use for contacting individual squads, group of squads or all of them

- We encourage all COs to use "B" key for giving out specific orders. When the radio channel extensively used (by pressing V key), it is extremely difficult to have a healthy in-squad communication. Please remember this !

Thanks to following C-Team Members for conducting this test

Last edited by John CANavar; 05-04-2007, 01:08 AM.
    |TG-12th| asch

Re: How-To: Commander VoIP to SLs

Hi all,

Today I finally found out why the "B" key doesn't always work when trying to talk to a specific squad only (tested this on a LAN with two PCs) and I believe this hint should be added to this thread:
    Selecting a squad and pressing B does work to talk to that squad. However, it does NOT work if you are outside of the commander screen. V still works but B only works when you're having the commander screen up!
    Sure, most will probably stay on the screen but I think it's still important to know.
    Before you say "but of course since there is no squad selection outside the commander screen": until now I always believed the squad selection in the commander screen could be used in non-commander mode, too. In any case, I felt like I should bring it up just in case. ;)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed