Does BF2 support surround?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BF2 support surround?

I have a soundblaster live 24 bit sound card and my back speakers don't seem to work in game. I haven't really messed with it to much, but I was wondering if you guys could give me a quick idea of how to do it. My onboard audio went out a while back, so I got this card to replace it. I have creative labs 5.1 speakers.

Pretty much only my front speakers work and my back ones do nothing. Any ideas?
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Re: Does BF2 support surround?

Oops please move this to technical support.

Comment

Not sure if that card supports 5.1 but if it does you may want to update your drivers.
      I have an Audigy 2 with the same speakers and the surround works and sounds great.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55397

Check this...

Comment

Have you checked the Windows sound properties. Check that the speaker configuration is set to 5.1 surround sound.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

makesure the card is in 5.1 or 7.1 mode depending on your speaker setup (do this in the creative sorround mixer) and makesure its configured as hardware excellerated not software inside bf2's sound options

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I use a quadraphonic setup with an Audigy 2ZS running through a stereo system. Works pretty sweet, unfortunately though, I think when I use my mic all the background noise is going through too.
              [age-c1][tog-c1][volun]

Comment

aha, I'm not getting the sound out of my back 2 speakers on the test. hmm.

Everything seems to be plugged in fine, I guess it could be a hardware issue?

Comment

Ahhh, it wasn't plugged in on the sub correctly, no wonder, it works now.

Comment

are you able to use hardware sound with that card? i have the same one, and can't get it to work. googling yields mixed opinions, but in general a lot of lower-end SB card users can't use hardware sound.
                    [TG]epheneh

Comment

im not a sound expert, so I don't get what you mean.

Edit: yes, it works with hardware. On software the sound doens't come through the back speakers. Just tested it out.

Comment

Originally posted by burble
                        are you able to use hardware sound with that card? i have the same one, and can't get it to work. googling yields mixed opinions, but in general a lot of lower-end SB card users can't use hardware sound.
                        That's because hardware sound isn't supported with your card. Read the readme that comes with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                          That's because hardware sound isn't supported with your card. Read the readme that comes with the game.
                          Ah yea, i tried hardware and I get some wierd echo, but with software I don't get the surround sound.

The one thing I know little about is sound hardware. What is the diff between using hardware/software in game?

Comment

yeah, the readme says that half of creative's line of cards (creative being the brand that EA recommends) aren't supported. not because they are incapable of using hardware sound rendering, but becuase, quite frankly, EA is a damned joke, as already evidenced by the buggy state of the game.

i know numerous people, however, who have cards on that list that work fine with hardware sound. apparently, EA could not solve some random compatibility issues, and rather than fixing them, they just decided to say that all the affected cards 'aren't supported'.

don't give me grief, pls.
                            [TG]epheneh

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. It just sounded like you didn't know your sound card is not fully supported.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X