Single player vs Multiplayer graphics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single player vs Multiplayer graphics

My laptop can run BF2 perfectly on medium video settings in single player mode. Yet when I join multiplayer, it seems like it can't handle it, so I have to revert to low video settings in order to play without lag. Any reasons why this is, or how to make multiplayer run on medium?

Basic System Specs:
    Pentium M 1.6 GHz
    512 DDR ram
    128 Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo
    CS:S - |TG|Cpt. Christ
    BF2 - [TG]ikose

Re: Single player vs Multiplayer graphics

i run the same settings and run it on low/medium settings...first of all make sure you have plenty of cooling for the laptop as once the temps increase...the performance decrease (heat regulator). I have a laptop cooler and an external fan running to try and cool the machine. Be sure to close as many processes in ctrl alt del as possible. What manufacter do you have?

Comment

Crappy manufaacter, Dell.
      I've installed my own cooling mod on my graphics card to replace to cheap one that comes with the laptop. Do thos laptop coolers actually work? If so, what kind do you have?
      CS:S - |TG|Cpt. Christ
      BF2 - [TG]ikose

Comment

i see you have the 8600, cause i also have the cooling mod. Do you have AIM or any form of communication so i can explain things easier?

Comment

I burn my balls off play BF2 on my laptop. It's the price I pay for wanting to game in bed...

I definitely run mine on low settings. I don't want load times to be any longer and you really have 512MB RAM to handle all the stuff. Do you notice the harddrive being accessed all the time while you're playing?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html has a great page telling you what you can lower w/o taking much of a graphics hit as well. im running a 6800 in a full tower, and i still found this immensely helpful, allowing me to sacrifice the bleeding edge for a higher fps. running custom video is much better than their "low/medium/high" presets
            |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X