Sound bug issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound bug issue

Before I post over at Realitymod about this I wanted to get some sense of whether this is a personal issue or if anyone else is affected.

Since the update today I now get a nasty soundbug whenever I enter the game. Audio on the menus and loading screens is fine. I also updated my Nvidia video drivers today which included a HD Audio component for monitors with speakers and TV's. Since that can cause issues I disabled that functionality. I have since reinstalled the latest Nvidia Beta driver without the HD Audio component, removed that driver and installed an early WHQL driver that I know was working fine yesterday. All to no avail, still getting the loud soundbug with choppy audio from multiple sources, it's like I can hear everything on the map, mixed in with crackling, like a fire burning and maybe even a little running water?!?

Anyone else having any similar issues?

Edit: Also noticed that in the support section (on the launcher front page) the playback device listed is my godawful old creative card which was uninstalled ages ago along with the terrible drivers, currently running an Asus Sonar D2. Don't know if that's related.
    Last edited by Wicks; 08-04-2013, 02:18 PM.

Re: Sound bug issue

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
    ...it's like I can hear everything on the map, mixed in with crackling, like a fire burning and maybe even a little running water?!?

Anyone else having any similar issues?

Edit: Also noticed that in the support section the playback device listed is my godawful old creative card which was uninstalled ages ago along with the terrible drivers, currently running an Asus Sonar D2. Don't know if that's related.
    I had a very similar experience earlier in the week when I went to play DayZ. I can't remember what I did to fix it exactly. I know I didn't install anything and that it was a setting or setup change. The game was set up for my Auzentech sound card, but I believe I was sending the audio to my DAC and headphone amp setup.

Look into your settings in game and in Windows, and play around.
    Viking

Comment

Hey Wicks. I just played a round with v1.0.31 and didn't have any sound issues.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Can't figure it out, sound is fine in every other game, not one issue.

Bizarrely if I enable EAX (even though I don't have a Creative card, wth) a lot of the sounds go away. Sadly they are replaced with a periodic ear splitting noise that sounds like RF interference.

Maybe it has something to do with my profile showing I have a Creative card, which supports EAX, when I don't. Furthermore after doing more painfully loud testing it does indeed sound like I am getting every sound on the map, including atmospherics at full volume, as if they were close. Including wounded sounds from people miles away.

Anyhoo, I've done everything I can to fix it, including multiple PR reinstalls, clean installs of my video drivers without the additional HD Audio stuff.

I think I'm done:icon20:
        Last edited by Wicks; 08-04-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Have you deleted the settings/profile data stored on your pc? That file may be left by the uninstaller.
          Viking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X