Long black screen when starting PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long black screen when starting PR

Does anyone else have this issue? When I start PR, I see the video with soldier running and the PR tags swing. Then, the screen goes black and the spinning PR tags cursor comes up along with music. I then have to wait at least 45 seconds, staring at a black screen and listening to the music, before the actual game menu comes up with the Humvee.

Is there a way to skip straight to the game menu?
    Viking

Re: Long black screen when starting PR

Same issue - lots of black screen time while loading.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Maybe the black screen is the default loading screen? Ergo you won't be able to skip it, just like you can't skip loading up a map.

I'm guessing that's how it is atleast, my game is on my SSD and I don't spend more then maybe 5 seconds looking at the black screen.
      sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
      [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghadlan View Post
        Maybe the black screen is the default loading screen? Ergo you won't be able to skip it, just like you can't skip loading up a map.

I'm guessing that's how it is atleast, my game is on my SSD and I don't spend more then maybe 5 seconds looking at the black screen.
        Yes same thing here with the ssd. I noticed a big difference when i switched from my laptop to my main build. On the laptop it would take 35+ seconds to load similar to viking and dispo. Are you on an ssd ?

Comment

I assumed this time was a function of all the new content, which BF2 compulsively checks for integrity every time it loads. It's related, so I'm told, to the quadrupled+ game load times.

Comment

There is an option in your pr launcher to disable the loading movie. Its under one of the tabs cant remember. maybe that helps.

Comment

The movie is ok. It is the 45-60sec black loading screen that is annoying, especially when I need to launch PR repeatedly in a very short time. At least I'm not the only one.
              Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                There is an option in your pr launcher to disable the loading movie. Its under one of the tabs cant remember. maybe that helps.
                On the launcher - go to Options, then it is on the "Global" tab. on the Options dialog. You can disable the movie there.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I asked around and got some tips that might help.

-defrag your hard drive if possible
                  - In the launcher click on support > utillities and clear the history and favorites

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X