Lags, just to check with the rest of you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lags, just to check with the rest of you

I lagged out, only from TG server and always after 20-30 mins in-game when lots of firing around me. I guess it just chokes up my bandwith (256kbs) so just wanted to see does any1 else from Europe get this. I reconnect fine, its just very frustrating to lag out in a heat of the battle.

Re: Lags, just to check with the rest of you

yep, its been very bad for me latley

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

i've been having issue, lately, as well. i'm not sure if it's server related, but ocassionally my game will just drop to a slideshow for a few moments of time, and this will not stop recurring until i reconnect.

never been a problem before.
      [TG]epheneh

Comment

i've actually been meaning to call my isp about this. i live in the states and often am at or around 30ping, but i've been getting more and more drops. at first i though it was my router choking under the load of bf2 and my brother's ps2, but playing with a straight modem to pc connection also got d/c a few times. my modem is 2-3 years old and was getting pretty warm, so ill replace it and see if that helps. it could just be bf2 nuking your modem
        |TG-Irr|Legato

Comment

Ya i think thats it, the thraffic just chokes up my bandwith, which after all isnt big at all (256), thou i think even bigger issue is that im 10 000km away.

Comment

Your bandwidth being overloaded might be the problem, but also consider that in the peak evening hours your ISP's bandwidth might get slightly overloaded - I don't know if the situation is the same as it was few years ago, but Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia used to be on a spare SiOL (Slovenia Online, Slovenia's biggest ISP) line. I'm rather positive this isn't the case anymore, but you never know - at 2mbit/s I still lag a whole lot even though I don't have issues with the +160ms ping as long as it's constant.

Vidimo se! :)

Comment

Hm another theory also. I used to use zone alarm but when i wanted to play bf i had to shut it down hence it created so much lag. Guess it couldnt filter internet packages in time or something. So now i play without it, that is without any firewall at all. Maybe when i lag out its due to some1 trying to access my comp? Any tips on a good firewall. Outgate maybe?

Pozdrav za oldredminer-a!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X