Wireless for gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless for gaming

I'm was going to get a wireless adapter pretty soon so i could pick up on the internet connection in my house, i was wondering is wirelesss worse for gaming? or should i just buy a really long cord (which will cost about the same) to connect? Hopefully seeing everyone soon on the battlefield i hope

Re: Wireless for gaming

I have wireless in my house. I have been using it for 2 years now (and wireless G for at least a year). I've never had any trouble gaming online with this setup.
    |TG|drjones666

Comment

thanks! i just found the adapter im going to buy.

Comment

As long as you have good signal you should be fine.

Wireless connections, even the slowest that is still in use (802.11b which is 11mbps) is still faster than the best you can get from a cable modem (5mbps). What would be commonly purchased today is 802.11g which is 54mbps. So, as long as you get good signal, you should be just as good as wired.

The only problem people have is with packet loss, and that would only be a problem with.... poor signal....

Comment

Since my video card (ATI 9700 AIW) and monitor have broken, I've been playing on my laptop, at minimal settings of course. Been playing wireless for about a month now and I don't see a significant difference, except for a few connection problems that aren't that big of a deal. Overall - I'd say go for it.
          Beatnik

Comment

I also use wireless, 802.11b, and I have zero problems with my connection. Remember that walls cut down your reception considerably.

Comment

Like everyone said, if you have good signal then you will be fine.

if you don't mind me asking, what are you planing on buying?

Comment

i used to use a wireless set-up but had lag spikes back in 42, and i was basically right next to the router in the same room, im wired now and its all good but lets just say that wireless isnt without afew problems, still for the most part it works very well

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

3 months ago i moved into a great big old house with a couple of my buddies and not a bit of ethernet wiring in the place. I've been doing wireless since then and only ever had problems right at the beginning (user error). it's been great since then!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X