Crash to desktop just before connection to online game using direct IP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop just before connection to online game using direct IP

I'm having a problem connecting to a game using a direct IP address. My brother and I have both tried to create "Local" games, with the other attempting to log into the game across the Internet using the creator's IP address. We both place our systems into a DMZ outside of our routers. When he creates the game and I try to join using his IP address, my system finds his server and loads the appropriate map and the geometries, etc. It then goes through the entire step of "Verifying Client Data", but as soon as the "Join Game" button appears the game crashes to the desktop. There is no error message; the entire game just disappears and I'm back at my Windows desktop. When I create the game and he tries to join using my IP address, his system is unable to find my server.

We both run Windows XP Home with SP2. We have both installed the BF2 v1.02 patch. We are both able to play the single-player game without problems. I am wondering if my ISP might be blocking some of my connection ports, which could interfere with my system's communication with his server and vice versa, even though we are both in the DMZ. Does this sound plausible? Does anyone know of other issues that might cause these symptoms? I would really appreciate any help that you could send my way. Thanks!

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X