Tactical Gamer direct link from desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer direct link from desktop

Lets face it -- who wants to play on another server these days? Not me!

1) Right click on shortcut, select 'Properties'

2) Change 'Target:' field to...

Server 1:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playNow 0 +menu 0 +fullscreen 1 +joinServer 70.86.19.218 +port 16567
    Server 2:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playNow 0 +menu 0 +fullscreen 1 +joinServer 67.19.26.150 +port 16567
    Last edited by Wye; 09-06-2005, 01:39 AM. Reason: Ugly

Re: Tactical Gamer direct link from desktop

Do you know a way to sign directly into you account while using this?

Comment

Afraid not. This work?

http://www.tlhouse.co.uk/PTFBPro/

Comment

And it won't work on password nights either -- another bug in the game :(
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
          Do you know a way to sign directly into you account while using this?
          The method of doing this was disabled in the 1.02 patch, and due to many complaints, will be re-allowed in the 1.03 patch.

Personally, I preffer to use HLSW than a direct link though since you can see what the population is on the server etc.

This will, after the command line options are fixed in the 1.03 patch, let you work with password nights as well.

Comment

I use HLSW also but without the user name input it is kind of worthless for now.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
              And it won't work on password nights either -- another bug in the game :(
              Yeah, I know I'm bumping a thread from last June but I thought It'd be better than starting a new one :)

The 1.03 patch was supposed to fix this, i.e. give us the ability to log into a password protected server from the command line. That was we could have a link to the TG server on the desktop with the password included for sat night action.

I don't seem to be able to get it working though and was hoping that someone else here has managed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                Yeah, I know I'm bumping a thread from last June but I thought It'd be better than starting a new one :)

The 1.03 patch was supposed to fix this, i.e. give us the ability to log into a password protected server from the command line. That was we could have a link to the TG server on the desktop with the password included for sat night action.

I don't seem to be able to get it working though and was hoping that someone else here has managed it.
                Somewhat of a moot point now because we haven't had a password night in a couple months.. Should be the same as I recently mentioned but with "+password blah" at the end.

Code:
                "D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playername |TG|perry +playerPassword asdfjkl +joinServer 70.86.19.218 +port 16567 +password blahblah
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

:icon_lol: i actually have 6 bf2 shortcuts along the right side of my desktop

I sometimes run windowed for two reasons:

1) I need better performance and run at 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024)... but because I'm on a 1280x1024 LCD, it looks better as a window rather than scaled.

2) I want quick access to TS channels or whatever else I might need to access mid-game.

anyway - here's what I've got going... they all start with "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playerName mr.blah +playerPassword blah... and then each one builds on that...

here's the shortcut name and additional parameters:

"Window": +menu 0 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1024 +szy 768 +wx 250 +wy 128 +lateLoading 1 +joinServer 70.86.19.218

"Window (menu)": +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1024 +szy 768 +wx 250 +wy 128 +lateLoading 1
                  (+wx = offset from left edge, +wy = offset from top... The values I have here open the 1024x768 window against the right edge and half way down my 1280x1024 screen. +lateLoading alledgedly prevents resources (mainly sounds) from being loaded until they're needed.. seems to help slightly)

"FullScreen": +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +lateLoading 1 +joinServer 70.86.19.218

"FullScreen (menu)": +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +lateLoading 1

"TacMod": +menu 0 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1024 +szy 768 +wx 250 +wy 128 +lateLoading 1 +modPath mods/tactical-mod

"SF": +menu 0 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +lateLoading 1 +joinServer 67.19.26.150

oh... one otherthing to keep in mind is that whatever prefix you have specified in My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/Global.con will be applied to the name you put after +playername switch... which could accidentally make you TWICE as cool ingame: |TG||TG-Irr|WhiskeySix :icon20:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X