Mic gets muted when joining a server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic gets muted when joining a server.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone... but this is pretty annoying: Whenever I join a game, my microphone gets muted, and I have to alt tab out to "un-mute it". This has been the only game that does this to me so far (And it has led to an embarassing moment yesterday as I forgot about it & went to play as commander... wondering why no one was replying to my VOIP messages...duh!)

Is there any way to avoid this?

MY soundcard is a Creative SB Audigy LS.
    [Saw]
    (Yuro branch)

Re: Mic gets muted when joining a server.

Originally posted by Saintaw
    I don't know if it's the same for everyone... but this is pretty annoying: Whenever I join a game, my microphone gets muted, and I have to alt tab out to "un-mute it". This has been the only game that does this to me so far (And it has led to an embarassing moment yesterday as I forgot about it & went to play as commander... wondering why no one was replying to my VOIP messages...duh!)

Is there any way to avoid this?

MY soundcard is a Creative SB Audigy LS.
    Hey, i have the same problem, unfortunately there is no fix. I just keep my mixer open, alt tab and unmute... You are plugging your mic into line 2/mic Im guessing ?

Comment

Check in your mic settings if there is an option for Front Panel. I had this problem and it was BF2 trying to set the Mic Gain option but because of a poor piece of programming it actually selected the first check box in mic settings.

The only work around I found was to uncheck Mic Boost in the BF2 settings.

Hope that helps

Bonez

Comment

I get the same thing sometimes on my laptop's RealtekAC97. It's a pretty new laptop, but the card in it is definitely not as good as yours, which is pretty good, so I'm thinking it's a bug in the game. Hopefuly the fix it with the next patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X