Crash to Desktop, Account Erased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to Desktop, Account Erased

Well, the night didn't start off well, and so far isn't ending well either. First my mic is either not working, or not being recognized by my usb ports, and now my account in BF2 is gone. Tonight (9/7) I was playing on Gulf of Oman. The game had for some reason turned my voip off, but I didn't notice for a few minutes after I joined and I didn't want to lose my spot. After about 25 minutes, I had a CTD while flying an attack helo. When everything finally reset itself, my computer was in 800x600, which was an easy thing to fix. When I open the game back up, my regular account (|TG|TheMuncher) which is my only online account, was gone. I wasn't sure what the deal was because there were two account spots that said they were offline, and the names were blank. I decided to go to account recovery, and put in my email. Doing this put me into the loading screen for the TG Server #1 (I was joining through XFire) without ever showing me if my account was back. I guessed it was, since everything seemed normal, and I was showing up with my own name. Once the round was over, I went to the account selection screen expecting to find my original, but it was the same as when I had the crash, with the two blank ones. I tried seeing if one of them we my original, but when I went into either of them, the entire controls area was empty, not a single one (even the stock ones) was there. So, in the end my account is gone, and the two replacements are empty of all controls. I can't make another of my original because the system seems to think it still exists.

I searched the forums for Crashed to Desktop, Accounts Erased in titles, and Accounts Erased in titles and in posts. Neither turned up, so I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered.

Re: Crash to Desktop, Account Erased

The shotgun approach would be to go in to My Documents and then delete the Battlefield 2 folder.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Re: Crash to Desktop, Account Erased

Uninstalled, reinstalled, recovered account. Lost all my presets, but atleast I got my name back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X