Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to BF2

Hey Everyone,

I have played many FPSs in the past, both "arcade" style as well as squad/tactics based. But alas, I am new to BF2 and have three questions:

1) Is there ANY way (either through the internal key mapping panel or editing an ini file) to utilize the numberpad (specifically the 2,4,6, ad 8 keys) to control my movements? I have played just about every FPS with the numberpad, and it is going to be a real chore for me to relearn using the w.a.s. and d keys. Also, if there currently is no way to do this, does anyone know if the option is going to be available in a future patch?

2) I tried connect to the ATC #1 and ATC #2 servers listed in the server IP/password screen on TG, but it always failed to make a connection. Am I doing something wrong?

3) What is the best way to get involved with this game on TG? I don't want to barge in there without understanding squad tactics and proper protocol... yet, I won't understand exactly what is expected of me if I don't play. Should I just spend some time on some public servers before getting involved here on TG? Or can someone show me the ropes?

In any case, thanks for the feedback.
    Fuzzy

Re: New to BF2

1. You can rebind keys under options (you'll have to unbind the others though), also under My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/00 (whatever number it is) is a file called Controls.con, you can also edit this for rebinding or unbinding
    2. Do you have the right port?
    3. Listen to your squad leaders and follow (good TGers) example
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

First off welcome Fuzzy. The ATC servers are the ones that we use to create stratagies with. I think you are looking for the main servers. We have three, Servers 1 & 2 plus our private server. If you look under the server information tab it will give you the IP's for our servers to play BF2. If you would not mind, please read the New to TG by clicking on the link in my Sig.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

hey, thats my job :(. read the sig.

Comment

Welcome Fuzzy! Hope to see you on the battlefield.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responces. I have spent the past couple of days getting my feet wet and I now feel really comfortable in the game (if not some of the aircraft ;) ). I have actually been playing with the WASD keys and they have actually become 2nd nature more quickly then I thought... not my ideal configuration, but definately doable. As far as the servers.. yea.. I was looking in the wrong section. I thought that all of the BF2 servers would be listed in the members only section, but as soon as I checked the normal server list, I had no trouble connecting. In any case, thanks for the help. My only problem now is that everytime I start up the game, BF2 resets my default recording channel to the mike1, whereas I have my mike connected to mike2. Each time I load the game, I have to tab out of the game and reset the correct mike using my mixer. Kind of a pain, but no big deal.

In any case, thanks again, and I hope to see you all on TG BF2 sometime.

Fuzzy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X