Problem with changing controls....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with changing controls....

For the aircraft and helicopter controls...(mostly for the helicopter) I'm trying to change the controls to as follows:

pitch forward & backward - mouse
    roll right - d
    roll left - a
    steer left & right - mouse

Now, for some reason, every time I try to change ANY of the controls to a Mouse Axis, it keeps saying "Duplicate key found in common controls" Even if I try to set the controls to what they were before (without clicking default) it still says the same thing. If I take it off once, the ONLY way to set the mouse axis controls back, is to click default. What's the deal? Because I've looked and looked at ALL the control settings, and I can't find ANYWHERE in the Common Controls that says Mouse Axis. So how can it be a duplicate key? I'm so confused.....:(.......any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Problem with changing controls....

Here's the link to the forumplanet thread about controls.con. You'll need to edit this file with notepad to set up your controls the way you want.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...19&tid=1671636

Comment

Wow. That guy put alot of work into that. That's cool. Anyways, BASICALLY, all I'm trying to change on the chopper controls is instead of rolling right or left with the mouse, I want to be able to do it with a & d. And to STEER right or left, I want to use the mouse. Do you think I'd be able to accomplish this by putting it in the alternate controls column rather than the primary controls column. It's such a small adjustment, so that's why it surprises me so much that I'm having so much trouble with it.

Comment

Ok, find the helicopter section of your controls.con.

It should start like this if you have default controls:

Code:
        ControlMap.create HelicopterPlayerInputControlMap
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
        ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1
        ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0
        To steer with mouse and roll with A and D you should change the yaw and roll lines to look like this:

Code:
        ControlMap.create HelicopterPlayerInputControlMap
        ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
        ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1
        ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X