TeamSpeak Overlay and PunkBuster issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak Overlay and PunkBuster issue

Has anyone had an issue with TSO and PB? I've tried to use it a few times, but every time I connect to our server I immediately get kicked by PB for something like 'running multiple DirectX instances' or something. Any adivce??
    Beatnik

Re: TeamSpeak Overlay and PunkBuster issue

What version you running Beatnik? It looks like build # 58 was released September first and contains initial BF2 support that supposedly has a workaround for the PB DirectX issue.

The notes for # 58 say...

"Preliminary Battlefield: Vietnam / Battlefield 2 support. To Enable it, select the "Debug" Tab in the Options menu, then tick "Use Alternative DirectX Method". You may have to turn this off again for some games."

I'd love it if #58 actually works!

Comment

It works great for me, I have been using build #58 since it was released. When you leave the game it will give you a error, go to the task bar and end BF2 task. That seems to be the only problem I have.

Comment

ahh Nice. I hadn't noticed that note there. Thanks!
        Beatnik

Comment

Turbo, when you use it do you have the 'Use Alternative DirectX Method' checkbox checked? I tried it a second ago on server #2 and it works but it seemed to make my in-game graphics look a bit weird, almost lower quality.

Having it was great though. The ability to show channel and name of person speaking is just awesome.

Comment

Yes I have the box checked, I didn't notice any graphics change. One thing I did was get rid of everything so it only comes up when someone talks and the TSO thing that comes up on the bottom no matter what. I think I am going to add the channel so I know what channel I am in but it seems to work really good.

Comment

I'll have to try it tonight. I haven't played BF2 in a couple of days so maybe my graphics have always been that bad. :)

I disabled all of the information except channel and it works well. It's really nice having channel though given all of the different BF2 channels we have on TS.

Comment

The problem I have is if I get kicked for some reason I have to reload BF2. Anyone else have that problem?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I had this exact same issue when I tried it yesterday for the first time. Admittedly I was using an old version which was lying on my computer for a while, so I'll update it and see how it does.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  |TG-2nd|munchkin
                  Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Is it a punkbuster kick or does it kick you back to the desktop without saying anything? Or do you have build #58 if you just downloaded TSO alpha I think it has build #57 installed.

Comment

It is build #58. Not punkbuster kick. Better example, let's say it is password night and they reset the server for the PW. If I have the overlay running when they reset, in order to get back in the game I have to quit BF2 and reload.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Not sure I have never had that problem, sorry I cant help more. Check out the forums at www.teamspeakoverlay.com maybe their is some more information their.

Comment

Works like a champ here.. The quitting BF2 problem seems to occur only part of the time. But when I quit BF2 I'm usually rebooting back to Linux so it's normally not even a problem for me.

I keep the channel display on the right middle at like 20% opacity so its barely visible, but I still know TSO is running. Pops back up to full visibility when someone is talking. Pretty slick program, glad they got it working with BF2. I was really lost on TS before I started using it.
                          Battlefield Admin() ()
                          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                          | for | |

Comment

ne one got a link to that...i would lke to install it again but cant find it
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                              ne one got a link to that...i would lke to install it again but cant find it
                              http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X