BF2 crashing issues please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crashing issues please help

Hello all, and thank you for reading this. I just bought a new monitor (19" LCD princeton) i plug it in, everything seems to be working in good order. I click on battlefield 2, i see the logo then it turns black, a few clicking and black screens later it exits me to the desktop...uhh okay i said. Went to ATI.com (i have an x800 xl 256mb pci-x) to see if there are any new drivers. yes there are, 5.9 catalyst, look at the new updates it did, in its exact words "Fixes crash to desktop aftering seeing the bf2 logo at the begining of load" hmmmmm thats exactly what it was doing, so i downloaded it and tryed again, exited to the desktop same thing. Plugged in my old monitor, hey bf2 works great, plug in my new nice lcd and it still wont load it. now im totally stumped, i reinstalled it i dont know what to do, its still not working this monitor cost me 350 dollars! it shouldnt be giving me these problems it doesnt make sense. IF anyone can help me figure this out it would be very apperciative. thank you guys pleaaaaaaaaase i need assistance!(i need my bf2!in the tg server!)

Re: BF2 crashing issues please help

Im digging for you Rafe. I found this dont know if it will help though http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...hlight=monitor

Comment

gosh its still not working i dont understand this at all! it worked fine before, then i bought this monitor, today, and nothing, i cant get it to load, but i can get other games to start up and i can play everything, but bf2 it just continues to shut it out, back to desktop. should i call the "Monitor techincal support??"

Comment

Why not if their is a tech line call, could it be that it is running at the wrong resolution? Just throwing ideas out their, not sure that would cause it not to load up though.

Comment

ya dude ive tryed like every resolutions, grrrrrrrrrrrr i'll call the monitor tech support, but i know they are gonna tell me its my gpu, even though its totally not because it was working today when i had my old monitor in hooked up and now i hook up theres and its not working...

Comment

Are you forcing a refresh rate that the monitor can't handle?

Comment

I bet your BF2 profile is forcing a refresh rate outside of what the monitor can handle.

In My Documents\Battlefield 2\Global.con it tells you what the default profile is.. Double check, but it's probably 0001.

Go in to the 0001 directory and look at Video.con in Notepad. You'll probably see something like:
              Code:
              VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]
              But maybe with a higher resolution or refresh rate. Try dropping it down to that.

That's my guess seeing how the old monitor works..
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

I use to have this issue too. I fix it by changing my windows resolution 1024 by 768 and my refresh rate is 75 MHz. My BF2 Video setting is the same.
                [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
                5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
                [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

I had the same problem after going to a new LCD monitor - I think that reinstalling the game helped.

Comment

I think BF2 is VERY sensitive to any hardware changes. I put a new soundcard in last night and the game wouldn't connect to any servers. Tried to uninstall and it wouldn't reinstall. Had to do a "manual reinstall" which I looked up on EA's support site for BF2.

PITA, but it's working now.

Comment

Heh, funny I installed a new graphics card last month and BF2 ran fine. (though it will only show 2x and 4x AA whilst my card can do 8x lol

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                      BF2142 Names:
                      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

well...i fixed it, thank you guys for your help, i had to get into bf2 with my CRT change the refresh rate so my LCD could handle it, so a few of you guys were right! THANK YOU very MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Anytime Rafe, now I don't want to see. Rafe [M4] |TG-7th|Turbo I see it enough already. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X